Melissa's Cuisine: Protein Pancakes

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Protein Pancakes

What do you typically eat for breakfast?  My usual breakfast is either a bowl of steel cut oats, or an egg on an English muffin.  However, if time and calories weren't an issue, I would gladly have pancakes, waffles, and french toast every day!  Since I don't have time for that, I like to make a big batch of pancakes for supper and then freeze them so I can just thaw what I want for breakfasts.

I was thrilled to find a healthy pancake recipe.   I was a little hesitant at first when I read the ingredient list because I'm not a fan of cottage cheese.  I figured I had nothing to lose, so I'd give these a try.  I was so glad that I did!  I added in a few chocolate chips for some sweetness, and then I ate the pancakes plain.  No syrup for me!  I've never liked syrup...another of my weird traits!  I made these on a Friday, after my long run, and they kept me full and energized all morning.
Protein Pancakes

Serves 3

You will need:
1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
1 cup cottage cheese
6 egg whites
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional, I did not use)
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon

1.  Blend all ingredients together in a food processor.  Let it sit for 5 minutes.

2.  Pour onto batter onto hot griddle and cook for about 2 minutes on each side.

This recipe can also be made into waffles using your waffle iron.  Store any leftovers in the fridge.

Source: Muncher Cruncher (who found it on Meals & Moves)

4 comments:

  1. New follower from blog hop! Pancakes look healthy! Might have to try them ;)

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my Show & Tell party. I'm so glad to have you join in. I either have cereal or yogurt for breakfast. My daughter and I both love pancakes and I really want to start cooking big breakfasts on Saturdays... These pancakes look really good. I'll take mine with butter and syrup please ;)

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn I can't have cottage cheese. But these look great! Happy to be your newest linky follower. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips