Melissa's Cuisine: Apple Bread

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Apple Bread

I like to take "old" recipes and tweak them to make something new.  Sometimes, my little experiments flop, but other times, they are a complete success!  Luckily for me, Mike is willing to try new things, and he often comes up with some odd concoctions of his own.  For instance, he now puts taco sauce and olives in his omelets.  He's got some strange taste buds I tell you!
This recipe is actually a donut recipe.  I loved the taste so much and I thought it would be delicious with some apples.  I thought it would work just fine as a bread, and it did! 

Apple Bread

Makes 1 loaf

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons margarine, melted
2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1.  In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.

2.  In a smaller bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and melted margarine.

3.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

4.  Gently stir in diced apples.

5.  Pour batter into a greased bread pan.  Sprinkle brown sugar on top of the batter.

6.  Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.

Cool bread before slicing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little concerned about Mike! :)
    This looks like a yummy loaf of bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering just thinking about biting into this bread! Seriously. I have to pin this to my recipe board. Can't wait to try it.
    Thank you for sharing this yummy treat at Show & Tell.

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips