Melissa's Cuisine: Baked "Fried" Pickles

Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Baked "Fried" Pickles

I'm excited to announce that I have finally created a Facebook page for Melissa's Cuisine!  You can find it here.  I hope to get some good food related discussions going on that page, and I'd love for you to join in.

I must have pickles on the mind lately.  Last week, I shared a recipe for pickle dip, and today I have another fabulous pickle recipe for you!  You may remember my recipe for fried pickles that I shared last year.  I created that recipe because I had heard that our favorite place to get them was closing, thankfully they didn't end up closing, so we were still able to have our fried pickles at the beach last summer.  These are similar, but much healthier because they are not fried!  Mike and I gobbled these up the day I made them, and I know we'll be making them again soon.

Baked "Fried" Pickles

1 egg
3-4 Tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon dill
2-3 dill pickles, thinly sliced
1-1/2 cups bread crumbs

1.  Beat egg in a shallow bowl.

2.  Add in the flour and mix until it's the consistency of paste.

3.  Stir in the worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, and dill until well combined.

4.  Add your pickles to the paste mixture and toss until coated.

5.  Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish.  Coat each pickle, one at a time, in the breadcrumbs.

6.  Place on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet. 

7.  Bake on broil (500 degrees) for 4-6 minutes, until golden. 

8.  Remove from oven and flip each pickle over.  Return to oven and bake 3-4 more minutes.

Serve warm, with ranch dressing.

Source:  Family Fresh Meals

9 comments:

  1. I've heard these are good, but have never tried them.
    PS - you better be careful posting too much abuot pickles - it could start rumors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Good point :) This is the last of my pickle recipes for a while :)

      Delete
  2. Fried pickles are my FAVORITE!! Thank you for posting a healthier alternative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these last night and they were delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pickles look delicious!!! They are a weekness of mine when fried, but I love that these are baked!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this sounds crazy...but I'm afraid of the broiler on my oven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sarah Beth--for some reason it won't let me reply directly to you...but if you hesitate to use the broiler, just turn the oven as hot as it will go! I think mine goes up to 450, and just keep an eye on the pickles as they might need a couple extra minutes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips