Melissa's Cuisine: Funfetti Pudding Cake

Friday, April 13, 2012

Funfetti Pudding Cake

Have you ever made something that you thought would be good, but after you made it, you realized it was so much better than good?  It was absolutely delicious!  This cake is a prime example of that.  I saw this recipe and thought it looked great.  I changed it up a bit to make it suit my tastes.  Then I added some marshmallows on top instead of a frosting.  (Thanks for the idea, Ashley!)

This cake is made with only 4 items, and the result is the most moist cake I have ever had.  It doesn't have eggs or oil in it, so the cake doesn't rise like a typical cake.  I thought it was delicious, and I'm sure you will too!

I have not experimented with any other cake mixes or pudding flavors, but I can think of so many combinations that would be delicious.  If you try anything new, let me know so I can try it too!
Doesn't that bite look delicious?
Funfetti Pudding Cake

Makes 1 9x13" pan

You will need:

1 small box (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
1-1/2 cups milk
1 box Funfetti cake mix
12 large marshmallows, cut in half

1.  Mix the pudding mix and milk together in a medium bowl.  Let it stand for a few minutes until it thickens.

2.  Add the cake mix and stir until combined.  The batter will be very thick.

3.  Spread the batter in a greased 9x13" cake pan.

4.  Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the cake comes out clean.

5.  Remove the cake from the oven and top with halved marshmallows.  Put the cake back in the oven for about 2 minutes, until the marshmallows are toasted.

Cool before serving.

Adapted from:  Eat, Live, Run

8 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I love this recipe! It looks yummy and oh, the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really good nice recipe and a must try for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids LOVE funfetti! Might have to try this one!

    Visiting from Tip Junkie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's looking very scrumptious! Thanks for the recipe. linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet the kids go gaga over this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good! I like the marshmallows on top! I would love if you would share this and any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-3.html. I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this the other day it was very good but VERY VERY sweet, which is to be expected when working with these ingredients I suppose. In the future I might use a less sweet cake mix or top with milk chocolate frosting! I found I needed to add more milk once adding the cake mix but that may be because I was using sugar free pudding mix & Skim milk but overall very yummy moist cake and extremely easy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips