Melissa's Cuisine: Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Salad

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chicken, Corn, and Black Bean Salad

I was inspired to make this recipe after I saw one of my co-workers eating it.  We often talk about what we're eating for lunch, and he was showing me what his wife had made that day.  It looked delicious, so I asked him if he'd ask his wife for the recipe.  He thought she found it on Pinterest, and since I follow her boards, I figured I'd see if I could find it.  I was successful, and I'm glad I was! 

I made this recipe that night and took it for lunch the next day.  It is so easy to put together, and delicious.  I changed up the recipe a bit to suit my tastes, and I've added in diced tomatoes a few times that I've made it.  This is a perfect lunch for at work.

Chicken, Corn, & Black Bean Salad

Serves 2

1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
1/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tablespoon mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
1 pita pocket, cut in half

Combine chicken, corn, beans, mayonaise, vinegar, and sugar in a bowl. 

Serve in pita pockets.

Adapted from:  Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour

5 comments:

  1. Yum - it looks good, and I like that you can make it with 1 chicken breast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my! This looks SOOO good!! I have been into pita bread lately! Great for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need you to make this for me and bring it over right now. Thanks! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love to make dishes that are easy and it looks so good. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eating this for lunch as we speak and all I can say is YUM.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips