Melissa's Cuisine: Trail Mix

Monday, April 15, 2013

Trail Mix

raisins, almonds, Brookside, chocolate, marshmallows, peanuts, Cheerios, pretzels
Through-out high school and college, I practically lived on trail mix.  It was so easy to make--just open the cupboards and throw whatever I found into a big mixing bowl.  Give it a shake and enjoy!  If done right, trail mix can be a pretty healthy and substaintial snack.  I'd often pack a bag of trail mix and an apple and call it lunch at work or school.

I still enjoy making trail mixes, in fact, I'm having this one for lunch today!  (With some other items, of course!)  After my friend had her baby a couple weeks ago, I put together a trail mix for her.  I thought it would be easy to grab a quick handful, especially for those midnight feedings.  I added a bag of my newest addiction--Brookside Dark Chocolate bites, and I heard her tell her husband those were all hers!

I hesitate to even call this a recipe because I rarely make it the same each time.  However, I've listed below the items that are staples in my trail mixes.  What other foods do you put in your trail mix?

Trail Mix

Makes 16 1/2 cup servings

Ingredients:
2 cups Cheerios
1 cup pretzels, broken in pieces
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup raisins
1 cup Brookside chocolates (my favorite is the Acai with blueberry)
1 cup almonds (I like to use the smokehouse flavor)
1 cup peanuts

Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Cover and store at room temperature.

1 comment:

  1. I love trail mix! I would add cranberries and maybe white chocolate to mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips