Melissa's Cuisine: Breakfast Scramble

Friday, April 19, 2013

Breakfast Scramble


Breakfast for dinner.

It's become a weekly staple in our household. Not only is it pretty simple to make, but it also tastes good, and if you make enough, you have leftovers for the next day! 

The past few weeks have been so busy at our house.  Between Mike's crazy work schedule and going up to the hospital to see my dad, I felt like had been severely lacking in the food department.  When we don't have good dinners, that means Mike doesn't have leftovers to take for lunch and he ends up eating junk.  I decided this past week would be different--so far I've cooked and we've had leftovers every night!

Back to breakfast for dinner.  This scramble is one from my "youth group days".  Every time we'd have a youth trip, one of our breakfasts was guaranteed to be this breakfast scramble.  I remember crawling out of our tent and seeing one of our leaders standing over a huge griddle making breakfast.  The ingredients are pretty simple: potatoes, eggs, sausage and cheese.  You don't even have to add milk unless you want to.  I think it makes the eggs fluffier, so I put a good dose of milk in.

You can eat it as is, or stuff a tortilla with the filling.  Plus, this makes enough for dinner and then some!

Breakfast Scramble

Serves 6-8

Ingredients:
3 pounds diced hashbrown potatoes (frozen)
1 pound ground sausage (your choice!)
12 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Drizzle a large skillet with olive oil and heat over medium heat.

2.  When the oil is warm, add the potatoes.  Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.

3.  Push the potatoes to the side of the pan and add the sausage.  Cook until the sausage is no longer pink.

4.  In a large bowl, combine the eggs and milk.  Whisk until eggs are beaten.

5.  Pour the egg mixture into the skillet with the potatoes and sausage.  Cook until the eggs are no longer runny.

6.  Sprinkle cheese over the mixture and stir to distribute.

Serve as is, or with tortillas.

3 comments:

  1. I am HUGE fan of breakfast for dinner! This would be perfect for that... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! I want that for breakfast!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to link up to the Tasteful Tuesday party @Nap-TimeCreations.com. Make sure to follow my blog via bloglovin, GFC or facebook so you don't miss out on my features posts... it could be YOU :o)
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Breakfast Scramble, it looks great. Your recipe is fabulous and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips