Melissa's Cuisine: Nutella Bites

Monday, April 22, 2013

Nutella Bites

It's that time again!

Today is the Secret Recipe Club reveal date for my group.  This month, I was assigned to Diethood.  At first, I was a little disappointed, thinking I had been assigned to a "diet" blog, and that's certainly not something on my mind right now!  I was pleasantly surprised when I saw Katerina's tag line "Not a diet-food food blog".  Whew!

I just have to say, why have I not seen this blog before?  The recipes Katerina publishes are amazing, and I had so many mouthwatering recipes to choose from. 
I had quite a list of recipes I was hoping to make, but there were two that topped the list.  I wasn't able to make my first choice, due to time constraints (my parent's basement flooded and I helped clean it up). However, I'm really happy that I chose to make these Nutella Bites.

First of all, I love Nutella.  Second, aren't these little bites adorable?  Who can resist?  I know I couldn't, and neither could my friends!  There are about 3 left on my counter, but I'm going to go eat them now...
Nutella Bites

Makes approximately 30 bites

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Nutella
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup flour
powdered sugar

1.  In a medium bowl, whisk together the Nutella, eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla.

2.  Whisk in the flour until smooth.

3.  Scoop batter into the wells of a greased mini muffin tin, filling 2/3 of the way full. (I used a Tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop the batter and found about 3/4 of a Tablespoon to be the perfect amount.)

4.  Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a bite comes out clean.

5.  Allow bites to cool before removing from the pan and sprinkling with powdered sugar.

Source: Diethood

30 comments:

  1. Melissa: I'd be happy to have not one my many of these pieces of heaven...Mmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too kind! THANK YOU! :)

    The nutella bites look SO good!!! I need to make these again! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect for sharing or not ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me at nutella! What a great recipe and looks super tasty. Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bites look delicious, the kids love Nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum, these look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you serious? These look insanely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nutella - yum! These are SO yum, and I love the little bites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bite? just a bite? There is no way I could resist eating the entire batch!

    Chris (melecotte.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh heavenly chocolate and nutty goodness..thanks for having fun in the SRC with us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had me at Nutella! And since they are mini-bite size, it means you can eat more, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This'd be any Nutella-lovers dream come true!!! Stopping by from Group A!

    I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog and would love for you to be a part of it -
    http://www.myhobbielobbie.com/2013/04/a-few-of-my-favorite-things-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. There's only one problem with this recipe...you didn't list how many jars of Nutella should be purchased in order to have any left for making it after eating the other jars with a spoon. Or am I the only one with that problem? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some nutella to use up, so thank you for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How can you possibly go wrong with Nutella! These look amazing. I just pinned this fabulous recipe. Thanks for sharing :) Krista @ A Handful of Everything

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so pretty all lined up perfectly in a row with a dusting of confectioners sugar!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dare I say even better than brownies? Love that you could whip these up quickly with ingredients most have on hand, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds scrumptious! Another yummy way to use Nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Diethood is one of my favorite blogs! I'm so glad she joined the SRC...and is in group C with us :) You picked a fantastic recipe...your Nutella bites look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These look so good and I love how simple they are to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love these!! they look moist and cushy - like any cakey like concoction should be. and who doesn't like nutella? even non-processed food eaters such as myself love nutella. great choice! ...and jealous that i don't have any right now.

    Happy SRC reveal from a group C member!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. ummmmmm...these look amazing. EVERYone loves Nutella..:))
    Over from Miz Helens and just linked to follow you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. YUM! Looks good!! Visiting from Frugal Girls..

    http://www.instantmommie.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your recipe is fabulous and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, I just love nutella! Can't wait to try it at mom's group this week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those look so delicious & I'm not even a Nutella fan! But I've pinned this recipe to my "Pastry (& other desserts)" board because my husband & son both love Nutella. I followed you from the Marvelous Mondays link party and I've just posted my Tasty Tuesdays link party on my blog & I'd love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! Here's the link: http://anyonitanibbles.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/Tasty-Tuesdays-8-features-ad.html

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd like to invite you to my Friday Flash Blog, where you can share your best blog entry of the week! The party goes on ALL weekend at thejennyevolution.com. And who knows, you may just get featured next week.

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Melissa,
    I am so in LOVE with Nutella and these little babies are right up my alley! Pinning and sharing, thanks so much for the great recipe :)
    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips