Melissa's Cuisine: Loaded Brownies

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Loaded Brownies

Yesterday one of my co-workers asked me if there is anything that I've been craving during my pregnancy.  Yes!  I told her I was always wanting Oreos and brownies.  The other day, I came home from work and I wanted brownies so badly!  I thought I had bought a brownie mix at the store not too long ago, and I planned to whip up a batch while supper was cooking.  For some reason, I couldn't find the mix I thought I had, but I did find a mix that I bought from a chocolate party I hosted.

I whipped up the brownies and was surprised when the recipe called for an 8x8" baking dish, yet the nutrition facts said the brownies made 20 servings.  The directions said to cut the brownies into 2-1/2" pieces.  I think someone needs to try their math again!  Anyway, the brownies were pretty good, but they certainly didn't hold a candle to these loaded brownies.  
Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert ChallengeI made these brownies a while ago, I just never got around to posting them.  It turns out that was a good thing, because this month's ingredients for the Lady Behind the Curtain Dessert Challenge are caramel and pretzels!  These brownies contain both, plus they're full of chocolatey goodness. They're everything I've been craving, and then some!
Loaded Brownies

Makes 1 9x13" pan, approximately 18 servings

1 box brownie mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil*
1/4 cup water*
2 eggs *
*or ingredients listed to prepare brownie mix
1/2 cup chocolate chips, divided
24 caramels, unwrapped and cut in half
1/2 cup pretzels, broken in pieces

1.  Mix the brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs together in a medium bowl.

2.  Pour half the batter into a greased 9x13" pan.

3.  Sprinkle half the chocolate chips and the caramels over the brownie batter.

4.  Pour the remaining batter into the pan and top with remaining chocolate chips and broken pretzels.

5.  Bake at 350 for 22-24 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the brownie comes out mostly clean.

16 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Melissa on your pregnancy...And congratulations on your caramel, pretzel and chocolate loaded dessert. It looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate and caramel...with the crunch of a pretzel...yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love brownies and pretzels. Sweet, chocolatey, and a bit of crunch and salt. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love brownies and could probably eat the whole pan of these...diet be darned! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - these look delicious!!! I love chocolate and caramel! :)
    - Claire @ A Little Claireification

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing brownies, Melissa! SO yummy...I can't resist when caramel is added to chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet those bites of caramel are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing better then a loaded brownie!! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, how do you make a good brownie even better? Load it! Nice.

    Sherry K-Jazzy Gourmet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow... these look crazy good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I want these brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I gained 10lbs looking at them. There is something about chocolate and caramel and pretzels that just make the mouth water. Thank you for sharing this recipe, it is now going to my pinterest to wait for me to get the ingredients and try!

    http://mythoughtsforthought.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, these look awesome. Can't wait to try them.
    I am your newest GFC. Found you at From Dream to Reality party.
    Have a wonderful week,
    Bev
    @ Eclectic Red Barn

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mouth is watering! Thanks for sharing this at the say G'day Saturday Party. I will be featuring it this weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting! although I have no expert, but I want have to know more and more, on your blog just interesting and useful information. Keep it up!
    Nightlife in Singapore

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips