Melissa's Cuisine: Speedy Little Devils

Monday, April 29, 2013

Speedy Little Devils


Do you ever have recipes that you look at and think there's no way that recipe is going to turn out?  This recipe was definitely one of those for me!  (Come to think of it, I was a little skeptical of the 45 Minute Dinner Rolls I posted last week...)

About a month ago, I posted on my Facebook page, and asked what you would make if you had an hour of free time to spend in the kitchen.  One of my fans responded with this recipe and said it's a simple but crowd pleasing recipe.  (Thanks Rachael!)

The recipe is called Speedy Little Devils--probably because the recipe comes together in a flash!  As I was making it, I thought that there was no way it was going to to turn out correctly.  The "batter" was so dry, I was afraid I was going to end up with a mess on my hands!  Nevertheless, I pressed on and baked the recipe.

Was I ever in for a surprise!  These little bars turned out amazingly!  I brought a plate in to work to celebrate our intern's last day and I had quite a few requests for the recipe.  I absolutely loved the center of these bars--it reminded me of my Peanut Butter Fluff recipe.  I should note, I didn't have a Devil's Food Cake mix in my house, so I used a brownie mix instead and they still turned out great. 

The moral of the story is:  even if something doesn't look good at first glance, keep going, the results may surprise you!

Speedy Little Devils

Makes 20 bars (1 9x9" pan)

Ingredients:
1 box dry brownie mix (or Devil's Food Cake mix)
1 stick of butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow fluff

1.  In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.  Allow it to cool before using.

2.  In a medium bowl, combine the brownie mix and melted butter.  The batter will be very crumb-like and dry.

3.  Reserve 1 cup of the brownie mix and press the rest into a greased 9x9" cake pan.

4.  In another medium bowl, combine the peanut butter and marshmallow fluff.  If the mixture is difficult to mix, microwave for about 20 seconds and try again.

5.  Spread the peanut butter fluff over the brownie mix.

6.  Sprinkle the remaining cup of crumbs on top of the peanut butter fluff.  Gently press the crumbs down.

7.  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

Cool bars completely before cutting into squares.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like one fantastic recipe. Love the ease of it and how it doesn't require that many ingredients. And chocolate and peanut butter? I'm so there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I'm so glad you enjoyed them! They have been a favorite with my family and friends since I found the recipe and I'm always to happy to share the recipe when asked! Cooking has become such a joy that sometimes I think we forget how good "simple" can be! I hope my little suggestions and tips made this easier for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I'm pinning it right now and trying this for sure. I've also shared it on Google+.

    Thanks so much for joining in with the Say G'Day Saturday Linky Party. Hope you can link up again this weekend!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips