Melissa's Cuisine: Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Monday, April 08, 2013

Blueberry Peach Cobbler

It's incredible how much stuff babies require!  Mike and I started our baby registry on Saturday.  We had fun selecting the items for our registry.  Can I just tell you how much it makes my heart melt to see my husband awww-ing over adorable Easter dresses?  So precious!

I didn't realize how many decisions we would have to make for seemingly simple things.  Like bottles...who knew that you have to choose different shapes and certain flow style based on the age of your baby?  I certainly didn't!  We felt pretty accomplished as we left the store.  Then, I got home and pulled out a registry check-list.  Apparently we missed quite a few items on that list.  Thankfully I was able to add our missed items online, but goodness, I had no idea it could be so complicated!  Don't get me wrong, I'm loving every minute, but at times it sure gets overwhelming for us first time parents!

You might be thinking that this cobbler looks awfully familiar.  Yes, it probably does, because I posted a similar recipe for Blackberry Peach Cobbler in February.  The major difference (other than using blueberries instead of blackberries) is that this recipe is simplified.  I used Bisquick baking mix to cut down on the steps for this recipe.  I think that will be the theme for my life for the next few months years...simple is better!

Blueberry Peach Cobbler

Serves 5-6

Ingredients:

2 cups Bisquick baking mix
3 Tablespoons sugar
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup peach jam
1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 Tablespoon sugar

1.  In a mixing bowl, combine the baking mix, sugar, melted butter, and milk to form a dough.

2.  Place the dough on a floured surface and roll out to a rectangle about 8x10".

3.  Spread the peach jam over the dough and sprinkle the blueberries on top of the jam.

4.  Roll the dough up, jelly-roll style, and press the seams to seal it shut.

5.  Cut the dough into 1" slices and place in a greased round cake pan.

6.  Drizzle the melted butter on top of the dough and sprinkle it with the sugar.

7.  Bake at 475 for 10-12 minutes, until the top is lightly browned.

Cool slightly before serving.

7 comments:

  1. Awesome, Pinned! and shared on FB, Thanks for linking up to MM . New follower~ Paula @Callmepmc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I just love a good cobbler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Simplified is better :) Especially when you have a million different things for babaaay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    I love the sliced, jellyroll-style cobbler....it's a much nicer presentation.
    Best of luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delish! I love blueberries! New follower through bloglovin =)

    Cathy
    http://apeekintomyparadise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I can't wait to try this recipe! Thanks so much for linking up to Give Me The Goods Monday. Hope to see you again this coming Monday ;)
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that Cobbler season is here again, this looks delicious! Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips