Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Sliders

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pizza Sliders

Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Sliders
Given the number of pizza recipes on my blog, it should come as no surprise when I say that Mike and I love pizza.  We could easily eat it 7 days a week, but considering that it is not the healthiest meal choice, we try to limit ourselves to 1 night a week (plus leftovers for the lunch the next day!)

Recently, a chain restaurant came out with their version of pizza sliders.  The commercials made them look really good, so last time we ordered pizza, Mike and I decided to go for the sliders.  We loved how they tasted, but decided we probably wouldn't order them again.  You see, we're cheap.  It cost us $10 for 9 sliders.  Typically when we order from this restaurant, we get their dinner box, with an 8 slice pizza, 5 breadsticks, and 10 cinnamon sticks.  That also costs $10.  Between the two of us, we ate 8 of the 9 sliders.  Yes, I eat as much as my husband.  Don't judge ;)  When we get the dinner box, we have enough food for dinner, plus leftovers for lunch the next day.  So basically, even though we enjoyed the sliders, we're too cheap to buy them again.

One night I figured, why not make our own sliders?  I've made a mini version of pizzas before, and these are basically the same thing.  I didn't plan far enough ahead to make my own pizza dough, so I decided to use Pillsbury Grands.  I used the Flaky Layers Butter style to give the crust an extra something special.  Mike and I both really enjoyed these, and we'll be making our own pizza sliders from now on! 

Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Sliders

Pizza Sliders

Makes 8

Ingredients:
1 tube Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1 cup pizza sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
24 slices of pepperoni

1.  Flatten biscuits into rounds about 5" and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.

2.  Spread the pizza sauce over the flattened biscuits.

3.  Top the pizza sauce with shredded mozzarella and pepperoni.

4.  Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.

19 comments:

  1. These look great and easy with the grands. Here in Honduras, I use their flour tortillas. Pretty good but I think I'd like the greands better. Thank you for sharing.

    Consider yourself hugged,
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-bed-and-breakfast-cherry-crumb-coffee-cake/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! :) This would be so cute with a little toppings bar and letting the kids make their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quick recipes like this!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you used the grands!! OMG. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! I think I'll make a boatload of these this week and put them in the freezer to take out as we want them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your sliders, Melissa, these are awesome! Thank you very much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! My kids would love making these :) I would love for you to link this up on Thursday @ Great Idea Thursday's http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com :) Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could totally sprinkle the biscuits with a little Parmesan before topping. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! My girls and I made them for dinner. In the oven now but I'm sure they'll be great. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea. Definitely going to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this idea. Definitely going to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Made these yesterday and they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are certainly a lot of details like that to take into obat flek paru-paru consideration. That is a great point to bring obat batuk kering up. I offer the thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are questions like the one you bring up where the most obat osteoarthritis important thing will be working in honest good faith.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is brilliant! I’m hosting my daughter’s sweet 16 this weekend and I was freaking out because she wants pizza and I’m cheap! I’m totally making these, tasty and on budget! Yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have 3 kids with mighty imaginations! Thank you! You totally Rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. health cosmism :Our site tries to help our viewers to live a healthy life. We focus on one thing-health problem or issues. Our articles are organized around two big topics: Health & Wellness.https://healthcosmism.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your article. But should remark on some general things, the website style is perfect; the articles are great. Thanks for the ton of tangible and attainable help. best pizza in tempe az

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips