Melissa's Cuisine: Christmas Recipe Roundup (Bloggers for Sandy Hook)

Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Recipe Roundup (Bloggers for Sandy Hook)

Where were you last week Friday when you heard of the tragedy in Connecticut?  I was in Burger King, somewhere in Ohio.  I walked out of the restroom and noticed the news covering a horrific school shooting.  I wasn't able to find out more until we got to my aunt's house and watched the news.  As the story unfolded, my heart grew heavy.  Heavy for the children who had their lives taken far too soon.  Heavy for the parents who now have a hole in their heart and homes.  Heavy for the teachers who lost their lives protecting the children they love. 

I don't have children of my own but I have many children whom I love.  My cousins.  My friend's kids.  My youth group girls.  I can't imagine losing a single one of them.  My heart goes out to every single person who is hurting as a result of the Newtown shootings. 

I am honored to participate in Bloggers for Sandy Hook. It's our little way of showing our support for all those affected by this tragic event. 



I'd like to share a roundup of some Christmas recipes that I love.  In doing so, I ask one thing of you--spend some time with the people you love today.  Make one of these recipes with your children (and don't get upset if they make a mess--you're making memories).  Bring a plate of cookies to an elderly relative.  Cook a special dinner for your husband or wife.  Do something today to cherish those around you that you love.

Cider Wassail
Spritz Cookies with Royal Icing

Pretzel Bites

Peanut Butter Balls

Pecan Snowballs

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge

Hot Chocolate Mix

Strawberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies

Melting Snowman Cookie Balls


Hot Chocolate Snowballs

Snowman Cookies

White Chocolate Santa Mix

Peppermint Chocolate Biscotti

To see a list of other bloggers participating as well as to find out how you can help support the families in Sandy Hook, please visit Crazy for Crust.  Thanks!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips