Melissa's Cuisine: Cider Wassail

Monday, January 02, 2012

Cider Wassail

Happy New Year!  I hope you had an enjoyable and safe Holiday weekend!  We spent some time with family and friends, enjoying each others company, and of course, great food!

Today we are in the midst of our first winter storm here in West Michigan.  As I look out the window, the wind is gusting and blowing the snow all over.  It actually looks like we're in a snow globe.  It's days like this that I'm really thankful for my warm house, a thick blanket, and a nice hot drink!  I love the comforting feeling of a hot cup of Cider Wassail in my hands, warming me both outside and in. 

Cider Wassail
Serves 8-10 people

You will need:
8 cups apple cider
1-1/2 cups orange juice
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
3 cinnamon sticks

Combine ingredients in your Crock-pot and heat on low for 2-3 hours, or until hot.  Discard cinnamon sticks and serve hot.

*This can also be made on the stove.  Just combine ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.  Discard cinnamon sticks and serve hot.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I'll have to give it a try as soon as my stash of Biltmore brand runs out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! A perfect drink for a cold day. Luckily it's sunny here...but cold for us. LOL Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love cider. This sounds like a great holiday treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Christmassy. Thanks for linking it in to Food on Friday. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips