Melissa's Cuisine: Peanut Butter Fluff

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Fluff

Family game night.  It's a concept both Mike and I grew up with.  While the idea for both our families were similar--both our dads avoided playing games as much as possible, there were also some differences.  For instance, he doesn't have a younger brother who, when he was losing a game of Sorry!, flipped the board so the game could no longer continue.  Ahhh memories!


We often enjoyed game night at home around the kitchen table.  My mom would often have snacks ready for us--typically a bowl of popcorn or pretzels with chocolate to dip them in.  It was the one night of the week when we typically enjoyed a can of pop as well.

While game night has changed a bit since we've been married (there are surprisingly few games for just 2 players), Mike and I do enjoy playing games.  He bought me a version of Monopoly that features places we've been together and every so often we'll pull that out.  We also enjoy card games (Mike plays Poker with his bowling group and is teaching me how) and playing video games on our Wii.  One thing that's remained the same is snacks--they are a must for game time.  We enjoy a variety--popcorn, cheese cubes, apples with dip, crackers...We like our snacks!


Whether you choose to play card games, board games, or video games, this Peanut Butter Fluff is part of a healthy and easy snack for you to enjoy while playing.  It can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.  In fact, we almost always have a container of this waiting for when the craving strikes.  Just scoop out a dollop, slice up an apple, and snack time is ready!


Peanut Butter Fluff

Serves 8

Ingredients:
1 (7 ounce) container of marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon milk

1.  In a medium bowl, combine the marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, and milk until completely mixed.

2.  Serve with sliced fruit--we love apples with this dip.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Note:  The first time I made this recipe, I used about 1 cup of peanut butter.  It resulted in a very clumpy spread, but that was solved by adding milk, a small amount at a time.  The dip was quite solid and we enjoyed it very much.  I decreased the amount of peanut butter so this dip is fluffier and easier to dip.  Feel free to experiment with the amount of peanut butter you use!

8 comments:

  1. Reading this makes me want to start up a game night. My husband is a bit TOO competitive for the kids but I have always enjoyed games.

    Plus who wouldn't enjoy a little fluff with their games.

    Have a great Wednesday Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely trying this one. Sounds yummy!
    Bob doesn't like playing games - I wish he liked them a little more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove this! I love playing games...but feel brain dead by the end of the day, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby would love this!! He thinks peanut butter is a food group. Pinning! Just dropping in from the hop to meet you and am now following via GFC and Linky:) On my way to follow via Facebook.

    Would also love to invite you to share any of your favorite posts at Freedom Fridays Blog Hop (no rules and goes live on Thursdays at 7pm mst)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, what a great dipper for the Christmas fruit. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww I like this!
    Super easy and super tasty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips