Melissa's Cuisine: Pierogi Casserole

Monday, December 10, 2012

Pierogi Casserole

I love when the meals I throw together on a whim turn into our favorite dishes!  I stocked up on pierogies a while back when they were on sale at an irresistible price.  They make a simple and delicious dinner or side dish.  One night after work I just threw together a few ingredients that I found in our fridge, and I ended up with this casserole.  Mike and I were both big fans of it!

I ended up having to make this pierogi casserole a second time because I didn't think to take a picture the first time.  Is anyone else frustrated by daylight savings time?  It's dark when I leave for work, and dark by time I get home.  There is absolutely no natural light for me to use for pictures during the week, and it frustrates me because I've really been working on improving my photography and the lack of daylight doesn't help me!

Okay, enough of that.  This casserole comes together quickly and is versatile enough that you could add any meat you want. I used turkey because we still have leftovers from Thanksgiving.  The first time I made this, I used bacon bits.  I think ham would also work well--let me know what you use!

Pierogi Casserole

Serves 6 

2 (12 count) boxes pierogies
1 (8 ounce) container Italian Herb cream cheese
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup diced chicken or turkey
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese

1.  Layer pierogies into a 9x13" casserole dish.

2.  In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, chicken broth, and turkey.

3.  Pour the sauce evenly over the pierogies.

4.  Sprinkle with the cheese.

5.  Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, until the casserole is heated through.

6 comments:

  1. I saw this on the Pin it Wednesday party and couldn't help myself! I had to click!! this looks delish and would be great to serve to my grand kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so so comforting and delicious!
    I would love to have you share this and/or any other recipe of yours at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie Link Party with a special something! Here is the link: http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/12/wednesday-extravaganza-8-funko-pop-holiday-figures-giveaway.html

    Can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. which flavor of pierogi did you use...????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips