Melissa's Cuisine: Mozzarella Rolls

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mozzarella Rolls

Mozzarella Rolls

I made these rolls to go with cheesy potato soup.  I made some just with mozzarella and I made the rest with diced green olives for Mike.  He says that they are the best rolls he has ever had and was so happy when I told him they were easy enough to make quite often.  I'd agree, these rolls are delicious!

You will need:

1 Tablespoon sugar
2-1/4 teaspoons dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water (100-110 degrees)
4 cups bread flour
3/4 cup milk
1 Tablespoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 Tablespoons olives, chopped (optional)
1 Tablespoon water
1 cup mozzarella cheese

1.  In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in water.  Let it stand for 5 minutes, until yeast becomes bubbly.

2.  Add flour, milk, oregano, salt and olive oil.  Mix until smooth.

3.  Knead dough for 10 minutes (by hand, probably 5 minutes if you're using your stand mixer).

4.  Place dough in bowl coated with cooking spray.  Cover and let rise in a warm spot about 45 minutes, until doubled in size.

5.  Punch dough down.  Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes.

6.  Arrange olives and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese over dough.  Knead lightly, just until olives and cheese are incorporated into dough. 

7.  Cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes. 

8.  Punch dough down.  Divide into 16 equal portions.  Roll each portion into a ball and place on a greased baking sheet.

9.  Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.

10.  Bake at 375 for 18 minutes, until golden brown.  Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with remaining cheese.

****UPDATED PICTURES HERE****

4 comments:

  1. My 8 year old son just said "I want that for breakfast!!" (Cheese rolls and soup!) The mozzarella rolls look delicious - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lisa's 8 year old son & i can agree... i want this for breakfast, too! :D

    thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these rolls look perfectly delicious. I love mozzarella and need to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! You had me at mozzarella! I love anything cheese!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips