Melissa's Cuisine: Caramel Filled Molten Chocolate Cakes

Monday, March 07, 2011

Caramel Filled Molten Chocolate Cakes

Caramel Filled Molten Chocolate Cakes
I love Molten Chocolate Cakes.  The way you dig in and get a gooey chocolate center, so delicious!  I also love salted caramels.  I was going to make these Molten cakes for our Bible study one night and thought I would mix it up and put a caramel in the middle.  Am I ever glad I did, these are so good!  They're easy to make too~ try them tonight!  (I did complicate my recipe a bit by making my own salted caramels, but you could simplify it by using store-bought caramels)

You will need:
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
3 Tablespoons margarine
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar (I used vanilla sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon flour
6 caramels (I used my recipe!)

1.  Melt chopped chocolate and butter in a small bowl.  Set aside to cool.

2.  In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt.  Beat with a mixer until it becomes fluffy and triples in volume.  It took me about 5 minutes.

3.  Carefully stir in flour.

4.  Fold in chocolate mixture just until combined.

5.  Divide batter evenly between 6 greased ramekins.

6.  Place a caramel in the center of each ramekin and make sure it's covered with chocolate.

7.  Bake at 400 for 9-11 minutes.  I found that 11 minutes was a little too long as the cakes got baked almost completely through and there wasn't much "molten" part.  You'll want to serve these immediately so the caramel doesn't harden. 

11 comments:

  1. I can't decide if I like this or the previous chocolate brioche bread recipe! They both look insanely delicious! INCREDIBLE girl! So glad you stopped by yesterday and followed so I could find you. It is refreshing to meet other food bloggers who also love our Lord and Savior! He is our true passion-right?! Hope you have a fabulous day and thanks again for the follow and visiting. Would love for you to join my recipe challenge for next wed. You can read the details,etc on my blog. Just click on the recipe challenge button on the sidebar! Talk soon!

    XO
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to quit! All these wonderful recipes are making my drool. :)
    I love the printable thing. How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine that this dessert is one of those double takes of sweetness.One when you can dig your spoon in for a mouthful of chocolate and then lick the spoon for an added boost of sticky caramel.Can only be pure deliciousness! A great recipe. It's a Keeper! x
    http://yvettesblogs.com/2011/03/08/pumpkin-and-ginger-soup/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yum ... i'm so gonna try this ... I'm u'r newest follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- that looks decident!!! So scrumptious!!!!! I can't wait to try it, thanks for the recipe :)

    Visiting from Sweet Tooth Friday! Stop by and see my Strawberry Shortcake @ cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that really takes the cake! Thanks so much for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds amazing! Chocolate and caramel, yum.

    I'm hosting a weekly link up, Sweet Tooth Friday, and I'd love to have you share your recipe. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/10/vanilla-donuts/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore caramel and I love making molten chocolate cakes - what a great idea to combine them! Thanks for the inspiration - I love finding new desserts to make for Bible study too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This looks fabulous!! Thank you for sharing the recipe! I will be trying these SOON!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stumbled across your blog. Oh yum! Can you give me a translation because I live in New Zealand and I'm not sure what you mean by 'caramels'. Are these chocolate coloured hard caramel lollies?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips