Melissa's Cuisine: BLT Pasta

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

BLT Pasta


When I saw this recipe on It's a Keeper, I thought it was something Mike and I would like!  Then, she won a Williams-Sonoma recipe contest with this recipe and I knew it had to be good!  I got some grape tomatoes for a great price so it was the perfect time to make this dinner.

As I was cooking, Mike commented several times about how good everything smelled.  Seriously, fried bacon, onions, garlic...you know something that smells this good is going to taste amazing!  And let me tell you, it certainly lived up to my expectations.  Since I can't leave recipes alone, I did make some minor tweaks, but this meal will definitely be made again soon!  (Actually it made enough for at least 2 meals for us, so we'll be enjoying it again in the very near future.)

BLT Pasta
You will need:

6 slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic (or 4 chopped garlic cloves)
4 cups chicken broth
1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 tsp salt
12 oz uncooked linguine pasta
4 oz cream cheese, cubed (I used Neufchatel)
2 Tablespoons dried parsley, divided
Halved grape tomatoes
Parmesan Cheese

1.  In a large skillet (I actually used my wok), cook bacon for 8-9 minutes, or until crisp.  Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.  Drain grease, leaving a small amount in the skillet.

2.  Add onion to skillet and saute until tender, 2-3 minutes.  Add garlic and saute for 20 seconds.

3.  Add in chicken broth, tomatoes, and salt.  Bring to a simmer.

4.  Add in bacon and pasta.  Simmer, covered, for 9-10 minutes, until pasta is al dente.

5.  Remove skillet from heat and stir in cream cheese, tomatoes, and 1-1/2 Tablespoons parsley.

6.  Cover and let it stand for 5 minutes, until sauce is thickened.

7.  Serve with Parmesan cheese and remaining parsley



WCWjpg


Source: It's a Keeper

4 comments:

  1. Mmm..delicious, I have a similar recipe to try, looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,Thanks for posting this yummy BLT pasta on The Recipe of the Week! I am sure everyone is going to love it! If you have any other pasta recipes you would like to share for The Recipe of The Week, please feel free to add them too!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips