Melissa's Cuisine: Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies

Friday, March 11, 2011

Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies

Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies
I volunteered to bring dessert for our couple's group tonight.  I had some homemade marshmallows in the house and I wanted something rich and chocolaty.  I combined the two ideas and came up with these brownies.  They were a huge hit and I'll definitely be making these again!

You will need: 

For the brownie:
1 box brownie mix
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs

For the peanut butter layer:
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup flour
2 eggs

Top with:
1 cup mini marshmallows (I used homemade marshmallows cut into small squares)

1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, and eggs. Pour into greased 9x13 pan.

2. In a small mixing bowl, combine sugar, peanut butter, flour, and eggs. Mix until fluffy.

3. Drop peanut butter mixture by the spoonful over brownie batter. Swirl peanut butter mixture through brownie batter with a knife.

4. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, until brownie is done.

5. Cool for 10 minutes, then cover with marshmallows. Place under broiler for 1 minute, then rotate and keep under broiler until marshmallows get toasted. Cool before serving.

If you wet a knife with water before cutting, it will keep the marshmallow from sticking.

7 comments:

  1. Yum! What a good combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look like they could send me straight to brownie heaven! yum x a million!

    i'm hosting a blog hop called mangia mondays & i would love you to share this and any other recipe you may have!

    http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying to add a few brownie recipes to my collection ... i can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I both have PB & chocolate on the brain! I will definitely be trying this - love the marshmallow in there! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. just made something that has the same basic idea here and called mine "screw the world" brownies. love it, thanks for sharing :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMYumminess!!! I can not wait to make this brownie recipe! Many thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips