Melissa's Cuisine: Red Velvet Ice-Cream

Monday, March 21, 2011

Red Velvet Ice-Cream

Red Velvet Ice-Cream
Red velvet cake.  Yum.  Ice-cream.  Yum.  Red velvet ice-cream.  Double yum!!!  No more explanation needed :)

You will need:
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1 layer red velvet cake (or half of a double layer cake, or half of a 9x13 cake)

Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese
2 cups powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

1.  In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup heavy cream and milk. 

2.  Cut cake into smaller chunks and add to cream mixture.

3.  Heat cream and cake mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the cake dissolves.

4.  Remove from heat and let the cream cool to room temperature.  Stir in remaining cream.

5.  Refrigerate at least 12 hours.

6.  Churn ice-cream in your ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions. Mine took about 30 minutes.

7.  In a small bowl mix together frosting ingredients.  Carefully stir into ice-cream.

8.  Place ice-cream in a freezer-safe container and freeze at least 2 hours before serving. 


11 comments:

  1. Great idea to try with any lefover cake!!
    Blessings!
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/fkxJbz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of my favorites....Red Velvet Cake and ice cream. Are you kidding? I only have a small counter top ice cream maker. I wonder?.....Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...this makes me want an Ice Cream Maker!! I love Red Velvet Cake, and Ice Cream! What a great duo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RED VELVET ICECREAM!?!?!

    That has to be one of the greatest things I have ever heard of....
    looks like a good reason to break out that icecream maker I got for my wedding :)

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait to try this. Looks great!
    Thanks
    ~your newest follower

    http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really really really looking forward to summer so I can try this one out! Definitely adding it to my bookmarked to do list!!

    This is PERFECT for my new linky party, Foodie Friday. Please stop on over and link up!

    Oh - and I found you on What Allies Making Now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this looks fantastic. What a delicious way to enjoy red velvet cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I am bookmarking this for the next hot day. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen better than this site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been craving both these things so lucky me had the ingredients in the cupboard!
    I like this site :: Website Design Indianapolis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips