Melissa's Cuisine: Steak Rub and Marinade

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Steak Rub and Marinade

Steak Rub and Marinade


Sorry, no pictures for this post!  You'll just have to take my word for how incredible this rub and marinade are.  Mike said that it was the best steak he's ever had, and he didn't even need to use A1 (this is from someone who won't eat steak without A1!)  It was fantastic!


Steak Rub


You will need:
4 Tablespoons sea salt
1 Tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon dried onion
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary


Combine ingredients and rub into your steak (can also be used on chicken) before cooking.  Or, use the rub in the marinade.  Store extra rub in an airtight container.

Steak Marinade

You will need:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced garlic
3 Tablespoons vinegar
4 teaspoons steak rub (recipe above)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup Teriyaki sauce

1.  Combine ingredients in a large Ziploc bag, close the bag and gently squeeze to mix the ingredients.

2.  Add 4 medium steaks to the bag and seal. Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or (better yet) overnight to marinate.

3.  Remove steaks from marinade and cook as you usually would.

3 comments:

  1. I've never used a marinade on steak. I saved the recipe and will try it - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was all about it until I saw that there was Teriyaki sauce involved. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani,
    I'm sure you could make it without the Teriyaki!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips