Melissa's Cuisine: Peach Pie

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Peach Pie

Peach Pie
Mike took me out for dinner for Valentine's Day.  I decided that I would make him a nice dinner the next night.  We had steaks and baked potatoes and then his requested peach pie.  It's my take on a pie his Grandma makes.  I really don't know how she makes it and I didn't have a recipe, so I just went by memory and looks.  We both thought it turned out great, and we'll definitely be making it again!

You will need:

1 pie crust (recipe below)
1 box peach jello
3/4 cup boiling water 
4 peaches (I recommend using canned so you have the juice, but you can use fresh instead)
1 cup Peach juice, cold (put the can of peaches in the fridge for an hour before preparing recipe)
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar
8 oz Cool Whip (1 tub)

1.  Drain peach juice, reserving 1 cup.  Dice peaches into small pieces. 

2.  In a mixing bowl, combine peach jello and 3/4 cup boiling water.  Stir until gelatin is dissolved.  Add in cold peach juice.

3.  Place peaches in the bottom of a baked pie crust (use recipe below or store-bought). 

4.  Pour jello mixture over peaches.  Depending on the size of your pie tin, you may or may not need all of the jello to fill the pie.

5.  Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set.

6.  Meanwhile, whip together cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until well combined.  Carefully stir in Cool Whip being careful to keep the fluffiness of the Cool Whip.

7.  When pie is set, top pie with Cool Whip topping.  Refrigerate until you're ready to serve.

Pie Crust:
1-1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening
4 to 5 Tablespoons cold water

1.  Combine flour and salt.  Cut in shortening until crumbly.  Gradually add water and stir until a ball forms.

2.  Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes, until it's easy to handle.

3.  Roll dough on lightly floured surface to fit your 9 or 10 inch pie plate.  Transfer pie to plate and trim pastry.  Flute edge as desired.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.

3 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the creamy layer on the pie. Sounds good!
    Congrats on 100 posts! I like all your recipes- no one favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic too! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that does look yummy!!! Thanks for stopping my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips