Melissa's Cuisine: Saturday Sweetness

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday Sweetness

What a week!  I feel like I say that nearly every week, but this week was especially crazy!  Mike worked 12 hour shifts all week, starting between 4 and 5 each morning.  We had to keep up with our usual weekly commitments, as well as some extras, on top of his busy schedule.  I know I'm not the one working the long hours, but it does affect me too because early to rise means early to bed.  Our evenings are so short that it feels like I make dinner, clean up, sit for a few minutes and then go to bed.  I ended up only making one meal this week, the rest were leftovers or take-out.  I feel like a total slacker, but I'm hoping next week will be a little less hectic!  How was your week?

Despite the busyness of this week, I was still able to get some great recipes up for you.

On Monday, I shared our exciting news:  We're having a baby girl!  I forgot to tell you our parent's reactions as they bit into the cupcakes.  My mom was already convinced it was a girl, so she was so happy when she saw the pink icing.  My dad couldn't see the frosting in his cupcake, so he had no idea what we were having until my mom showed him hers!  Mikes parents both saw the pink icing and were thrilled--Mike's mom also guessed we were having a girl.  We are so excited!

Gender Reveal Cupcakes--A fun way to tell your friends and family the gender of your new baby!
Crock-pot Chicken Spaghetti--This simple and delicious meal has quickly become a favorite in our house!
 Blueberry Scones--These tender flaky scones are melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
Here are some of my favorite pins from this week!

Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs--PB cups are one of my favorite candies.  I can't wait to make these!

Mini Hot Ham Sandwiches--These sandwiches look amazing!  The best part is you can make them ahead of time.  I'm thinking these will make a great baby meal!



Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake--I'm seeing a trend with PB and chocolate this week.  This cheesecake looks positively decadent!

Cream Cheese Rangoons--Crab Rangoons are my favorite thing to eat at Chinese restaurants.  I am so excited to have a great recipe to make at home!


Are you on Pinterest?  Please leave me a link to your boards in the comments so I can follow you!
01 10 11 12
Blogging tips