Melissa's Cuisine: Crock-pot Chicken Spaghetti

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Crock-pot Chicken Spaghetti

crock pot, chicken, spaghetti, slow cooker
Set it and forget it. 

These days, that seems to be the best dinner plan I can think of.  Mike's been working 10-12 hour days and because he starts at either 4 or 5 in the morning, that means we go to bed pretty early.  By time I get home from work, if it takes me an hour to prep dinner, we'll have about 1 hour to relax before getting ready for bed.  As you might guess, that just doesn't fly.  That's where Crock-pot meals come in so handy!

I first made this recipe after seeing a similar one on Pinterest.  I didn't have a lot of the ingredients in the house for the original recipe, so I adapted it to use what I did have in the house.  I had Mike start the spaghetti noodles so they would be almost done when I got home and within 15 minutes of walking in the door, we were eating dinner. 

My friend is expecting a baby girl any day now, and so a couple weeks ago we spent a Saturday afternoon stocking her freezer with meals.  This Chicken Spaghetti was such a hit with Mike and I that she made it as well.  It freezes wonderfully and one recipe makes 8-10 servings.  We were able to fill 3 large containers for her and her husband to enjoy while they spend time with their precious newborn.

Crock-pot Chicken Spaghetti

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:
2 uncooked chicken breasts (frozen is fine)
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1-1/2 cups milk
1 small onion, minced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound Velveeta cheese
1 pound spaghetti noodles

1.  In a medium bowl, combine the condensed soup, milk, minced onion and minced garlic.  

2.  Place the chicken breasts in your Crock-pot and pour the soup mixture over them.

3.  Cut the Velveeta cheese into cubes and place in the Crock-pot.

4.  Cook on low heat for 8 hours.

5.  Around 30 minutes before you're ready to eat, cook the spaghetti noodles according to the directions on the box.

6.  While the pasta is cooking, shred the chicken in the Crock-pot with 2 forks.

7.  Add cooked noodles to the chicken mixture.

Adapted from: Crockin' Girls

6 comments:

  1. I love these kinds of recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious and the bread with grilled cheese is a perfect addition! By the way, I’m hosting a Link-Up party and would be thrilled if you decided to participate!!!
    http://dcinstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy! And I love easy to throw together Crock Pot recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I bet my kids would love this - I'm pinning it for later. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa,
    I just love Chicken Spaghetti and love this recipe that goes in the Crock Pot. Have a great St. Patrick's Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your chicken spaghetti looks wonderful

    Faye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips