Melissa's Cuisine: Biscoff Banana Bread

Friday, March 01, 2013

Biscoff Banana Bread

I worked out today for the first time in a long time.  Between all the snow we've had lately making the roads absolutely horrible to drive on before 6 in the morning, and needing about 10 hours of sleep each night, it's been a while since I've worked out.  I'm finally starting to get my energy back and so I decided that this morning was the perfect day to resume my workout routine.

I decided to use our Wii Fit game this morning.  According to the game, it has been 417 days since I've last used it (thanks to our gym membership).  If you've ever played before, you may remember that the Fit Board "talks" to you.  This morning, when I stepped on it, it said "oof", like I'd gained a bunch of weight.  Well, being pregnant might do that to you, but so might eating an entire loaf of this Biscoff Banana Bread by yourself!

When I saw this bread on Dorothy's blog I knew I had to make it.  I've loved Biscoff spread ever since I've tried it.  In fact, I enjoyed my first jar of Biscoff spread straight from the jar, on a spoon.  It was just so good that I couldn't stop eating it!  I decided that my next jar might as well be used in some recipes, like this bread.  The Biscoff spread isn't overpowering in this bread, it's subtle but just enough to notice an extra special flavor in the banana bread.

Biscoff Banana Bread

Makes 1 loaf of bread

Ingredients:

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
7 tablespoons sour milk (To make sour milk: add 1 teaspoon white vinegar to the milk and let it sit for 5 minutes. You need a total of 7 tablespoons of liquid (milk + vinegar).)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups sifted flour

1.  Cream the sugar, oil, Biscoff spread, and Greek yogurt in the bowl of your stand mixer.  (Mixing with a hand mixer is fine too.)

2.  Add the mashed bananas, eggs, and sour milk to the creamed mixture and mix until completely blended.

3.  Add the baking soda and flour to the batter and mix until just combined.

4.  Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.

5.  Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out mostly clean.

Source: Crazy for Crust

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like it!!! :) I love working out with our kinect. So much for fun than the gym. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy!!! Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring this as part of a bread and pizza round up! Come over and check it out! Would love to see my featured button on this post :o) http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/03/breadandpizza.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a jar of biscoff and some overripe bananas. Can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning,
    Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a lovely week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips