Melissa's Cuisine: Biscoff Bars

Monday, March 18, 2013

Biscoff Bars

On Saturday, Mike and I finished putting together our nursery furniture.  We bought a 4 piece set about a month ago, and we've been putting together about one piece each week.  We've had quite the adventure setting it up, and I think we're both happy it's finally finished!

The first day we opened up the box of pieces, we were completely astounded by all the little parts and the lack of instructions.  Seriously, we couldn't find the instructions anywhere.  Thankfully, we were able to print off a copy from the company's website.  Then we began to set up the dresser and realized how useless the instructions were.  All they had were diagrams, but they were hard to decipher and were not always clear.  We had the dresser about halfway done before we realized we had put the left side on the right side and needed to take it apart and restart.

Of course, the instructions just told you to attach part A to part B.  There were no words to tell you to that those pieces needed to go on the right side, not the left side.  The only way to tell was through trial and error.  Unfortunately, we ran into this issue with the crib and the changing table as well.

Let's just say that by time we finished with the changing table on Saturday, we were thrilled to be finished with the stress of putting the furniture together.

Thankfully, I had just the dessert we needed to wipe away our stress.  Everyone knows desserts is stressed spelled backwards!  I chose these Biscoff Bars after browsing through Jennifer's blog, Mother Thyme, for this month's Secret Recipe Club.  Her blog is filled with stunning pictures and delicious foods.  My list of recipes was long, but these Biscoff Bars won the spot at the top of the list.

The Biscoff flavor really shined through in these bars.  The chocolate chips added the perfect amount of sweetness.  I didn't have enough Biscoff cookies in the house, so I eliminated the crust and just went with the bars for this recipe.  These were a hit in our house and I'll certainly be making them again!
Biscoff Bars

Makes 9 bars

Ingredients:
5 Tablespoons butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Biscoff spread
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips

1.  In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using an electric mixer.

2.  Beat in the eggs.

3.  Add the vanilla and Biscoff spread and beat until the mixture is creamy.

4.  Stir in the flour, salt, and baking powder and mix until it's all combined.

5.  Fold in chocolate chips.

6.  Spread the batter into a greased 8x8" baking pan.

7.  Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bars comes out clean.

Cool bars completely before cutting into them.

Source:  Mother Thyme

21 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm so happy you choose these for SRC! I haven't made them in so long, but they always hit the spot. It just seems like yesterday my hubby and I were putting together the nursery furniture for the twins; now they are 2 1/2! You reminded me how long it took us to put everything together and what those instructions are like, eek! :) Thanks again for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look good! You must be so happy to be getting everything in place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscoff bars, I bet these are like a cross between blonde brownies and a chocolate chip cookie bar, either way sounds amazing. Glad to hear you are getting the nursery all set! that is so stressful that it is such a big relief when it is complete, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG we are obsessed with Biscoff spread. Thanks for giving us something to do with it other than eating out of the jar with a spooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to give biscoff another try. I bought some of the cookies and although they were good (we at them all), I wasn't blown away. You have convinced me to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously love Biscoff, but have NEVER baked with it! Such a travesty... so I think I may have to start by giving these bars a try! They look delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yum. These would wipe away my stress too =o) Excellent pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, my life has never been the same since I discovered Biscoff spread. I still have yet to advance from just eating it straight from the jar - lol. This recipe looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness these look amazing! I've been craving cookie bars and these look absolutely perfect right now!
    -Lacy @ NYCityEats

    ReplyDelete
  10. My husband got Biscoff spread in his goodie bag from running the Sarasota half marathon yesterday and now I know what I'm going to do with it. Wow, these look fabulous.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, furniture assembly. Sigh! These bars would make it better though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my. This is what my jar of Biscoff has been waiting for. Amazing bars, Melissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These biscoff bars look terrific!!! I wish I had a jar full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great recipe and looks super tasty. I need to start buying biscoff! Glad to be part of SRC group C with you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on getting the nursery furniture assembled (and the upcoming baby)! That sounds like it was quite the trial! These bars looks so decadent and perfect for soothing frazzled nerves. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Biscoff anything! OH MY!! This looks so good, look at all the wonderful ingredients. It must have such a depth in flavor. Delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just tried biscoff and fell in love. I am definitely going to try these bars now, they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips