Melissa's Cuisine: Pizza Casserole

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pizza Casserole

I have great in-laws!  I know there are a lot of people who might think I'm crazy for saying that...Everyone has heard stories of terrifying mother-in-laws.  But, I really am truly blessed to have married into a great family.  I know Mike would say the same about my parents.  We all get along really well.  In fact, our parents often will get together without us and play cards.

One great thing about everyone getting along so well is that we are able to combine a lot of holidays.  The first year we were married, Mike and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house for both of our families.  My parents hosted the next year and we hosted again this past Thanksgiving.  We also spend our Easter Sundays with the combined families.  This year, we'll be enjoying time together at my parent's house.  It's wonderful to be able to spend the time together so we don't have to figure out whose house we'll be at, or have to eat multiple Easter dinners in one day.

Mike and I also make a point of eating one meal a week with our parents.  We go to my parent's house every Sunday after church for lunch and games.  Every Thursday night we go to Mike's parent's house for dinner.  Not only does it mean I get a night off from cooking, it also means that we get to spend extra time with our families.  We've been doing this since we got married 2-1/2 years ago and I don't imagine we'll end this tradition any time soon.

This pizza casserole is one of Mike's most requested dishes when we eat at his parent's house.  It's fairly simple to make and it feeds all 4 of us, plus enough leftovers for Mike to take to work the next day.  (Bonus!)  It has all the components of pizza--pepperoni, cheese, and tomato sauce, mixed with ground beef and pasta.  This recipe was passed on to us from Mike's mom and I'm sure it will always be a family favorite!
Pizza Casserole

Serves 6

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
1 pound egg noodles
1 (14 ounce) can pizza sauce
1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 (3 ounce) package of pepperoni
additional "toppings": diced ham, bacon bits, mushrooms etc

1. In a frying pan, over medium heat, brown beef until there is no pink left. Drain grease.

2. Cook noodles according to the directions on the box until al dente.

3. Mix pizza sauce and soup together in frying pan with ground beef.

4. In an oven safe dish, mix together noodles and meat mixture.

5. Stir in 1.5 cups of mozerella cheese, most of the pepperoni, and any additional toppings you desire.

6. Cover top of noodle mixture with remaining pepperonis and 1/2 cup cheese.

7. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.

Serve hot.

9 comments:

  1. You are blessed with great family on both sides and it's wonderful that they get along so well.
    The casserole looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Sounds like a super yummy dinner. I wish we lived close enough for family dinner night. That would be so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Ginger Snap Crafts :)

    RamblingReed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is by far one of the best looking pizza casseroles I have ever seen... I also have all of the ingredients at home to make it. I will be pinning this to make this weekend. Thank you for sharing.

    Kristen
    www.chickyscafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. This is definitely going on my menu plan soon! :) Looks amazing! The only thing that would make it better is some banana peppers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa,
    We just love a good casserole and this is surely one to try, it looks awesome. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds absolutely delicious

    I would love it if you could share this on my link party ~ Serenity Saturday

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yum!!! that looks REALLY amazing!!! Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays! love it! Really appreciate you stopping by my blog! I’m trying to keep in better touch with my linkers/readers… If you already follow me, please let me know I will find your blog on Bloglovin (I’m transferring my follows there)if you don’t follow in any way, would you consider following via GFC or other method?
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each work is beautiful in its own way, no matter how long it takes, for such cases I have this site https://essaysrescue.com/samedayessay-review/, where any written work is done competently and efficiently for a small price

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips