Melissa's Cuisine: Easy Donuts

Monday, April 04, 2011

Easy Donuts

Easy Donuts
I love donuts.  The other day I went to the post office and in the 10 seconds I was walking to my car, I saw 2 people carrying donut boxes from the local bakery.  Oh, what a craving struck!  I didn't give in and buy any, but when I got home and remember this recipe, I just had to make it!  It it so simple, it really takes only about 10 minutes and you can enjoy a delicious fresh donut!

You will need:
1 can of buttermilk biscuits
oil for frying
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon milk

1.  In your fryer or a 10 inch skillet (I used my skillet) pour enough oil to fry donuts.  My oil came about an inch high in my pan.

2.  Heat oil until hot enough to fry.

3.  Remove biscuits from pan and cut out the center to form a donut.  I didn't have a small enough cutter, so I used the cap to my vanilla.  It was the perfect size!  You'll end up with 10 donuts and 10 donut holes.

4.  Fry 5 donuts at a time, flipping over when donuts are brown.  Then fry donut holes.

5.  After frying, place donuts on a paper towel covered plate to drain.

6.  Allow donuts to cool while you mix together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk to form a thin icing.

7.  Dip donuts into icing and place on a cookie sheet until icing hardens.

These are best eaten within a day and can be stored in an airtight container.


9 comments:

  1. I forgot about this recipe. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never fried before but, you make me want to try! looks amazing, thanks for sharing :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make these when my kids were little. They LOVED them and probably still would. maybe I will make them for my grandkids this weekend. Don't tell....teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you had me with with your picture of those divine looking donuts! I think you've just passed your donut craving on to me. ;)

    I'm your newest follower! Stop by my blog sometime--I'd love to have you as a follower, as well! Also, keep a look out for a new linky party I hope to start on Sunday. This recipe would be perfect to share with everyone! :)

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa!! These look WONDERFUL and super easy! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday! If you haven’t already, make sure to pop back over to enter my GIVEAWAY!!! Entries must be by Sunday evening and a winner will be picked Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very Much interesting blog that you write to our readers , in this blog you style is very Osam and best . very Great ideas about that you send our fellows and readers donut boxes . Every big packaging company produced donut boxes packaging of our beloved customer. For the custom-donut-boxes, contact one of the top Top company in USA. Here in this article you tell the outstanding ways of Packaging material of cdonut boxes, donut boxes wholesale, personalized donut boxes, custom donut boxes . Overall your blog is very much osam and Good .. Many of companies produces the best packaging material like impressionville is most prominent in the USA .in short blog is good and informative . Kindly keep writing. are you share again such type of info ??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shop kraft custom packaging boxes, windows, in new styles and personalized sizes. Our design support shipping services are free at wholesale prices.
    high end custom packaging boxes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello
    Great post .there was much important information in it.
    I always follow your blog and learned a lot of things.
    thank you
    Visit us for id card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting post.Thanks for posting it for us.We as My Custom Boxes provides custom and cost-efficient Custom Food Boxes for all kinds of personal and professional requirements

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips