Melissa's Cuisine: Fiesta Chicken Soup

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fiesta Chicken Soup

Fiesta Chicken Soup

I've found that we've been eating more soup in the past month or so than we did all winter!  We've had chili a few times, chicken noodle soup, and my newest soup creation, Fiesta Chicken Soup.  This soup was originally supposed to be a white chicken chili, but since we don't care for beans and some of the other ingredients, I ended up making something different.  My favorite part of this soup is that I made it in the Crock Pot, so it's a great meal for a busy day!  I think this soup is definitely something I'll be making again!
You will need:
2 chicken breasts
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes (mine had green peppers in it too, it was a can of tomatoes for chili)
1 can (10.75 oz) cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
1 Tablespoon dried onion
2 tsp chili powder
1-1/2 cups frozen corn
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup cream cheese (I used Philadelphia cooking cream)

1.  Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in Crock Pot.

2.  Pour diced tomatoes, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, dried onion, and chili powder over chicken.  Stir to combine.

3.  Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

4.  30 minutes before serving, stir in frozen corn, sour cream, and cream cheese.  Cook on high until you're ready to serve.  Serve with crushed tortillas or shredded cheddar cheese.

Lark's Country Heart


Party Button

It's a Keeper

9 comments:

  1. This sounds as if it has a lot of flavor in it. Glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! It kind of reminds me of the White Chicken Chili I make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soup looks so mmm mmm good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I love soups, too! I make soup at least once a week in the cold months, but since today was chilly I made some potato soup and it hit the spot! Thanks for sharing this recipe. :)
    ~Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that chicken soup looks DIVINE! So flavorful and a tad spicy. I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This soup looks great!

    Be sure to stop by my blog when you have a chance. You've been featured! ;)

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey..just wanted to say..
    I am your NEWEST FOLLOWER!

    WAHOO! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks SO yummy!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie!
    AllieMakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love slow cooker soups! This one looks like it would make my house smell amazing while it cooked! hehehe. Can't wait to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips