Melissa's Cuisine: Ready-to-eat Cookie Dough

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Ready-to-eat Cookie Dough

Ready-to-eat Cookie Dough
I could easily eat this whole spoonful of cookie dough (actually, I did after taking this picture!)  In fact, I could probably eat a whole bowlful of cookie dough, but then I wouldn't be able to make cookies, and I would probably end up with a really bad tummy ache!  Thankfully, I married someone who loves cookie dough as much as I do!  To be on the safe side, I make a batch of egg-less cookie dough so I don't have to worry about the dangers of eating raw eggs.  Then I put it in a container in the fridge, and I eat it when I'm hungry for cookie dough.  Yeah, it's that good!  Try it for yourself, you won't be sorry!

You will need:
1/3 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup milk chocolate chips

1.  In a small bowl, cream margarine and sugars until light and fluffy.

2.  Beat in milk and vanilla.

3.  Add in flour.

4.  Stir in chocolate chips.

5.  Store in an air-tight container in the fridge.

13 comments:

  1. oh..I could so join you on eating some dough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love this! i could eat a bowlful of cookie dough, too! this would be perfect to freeze in chunks & add to ice cream or for cookie dough stuffed cupcakes! :D

    thanks so much for linking up to magia mondays!

    -kristin

    http://delightfullydowling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you. I LOVE cookie dough, but every time I pick at it I hear this voice nagging at me because and saying, "No raw eggs! Bad raw eggs!" I think I'm going to have to do like you and make a batch of this goodness to keep as a quickie sweet tooth fix. ;)

    Thanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you use butter instead? Would it change the outcome of the dough?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous,
    Yes, you can use butter with the same results!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the great recipe. I stumbled across your blog through the "Living with less $$" email I get. My bestie, who's pregnant, has been craving cookie dough but could not have it due to raw eggs. This hit the spot with both me and her.

    I have enjoyed finding your website and will be trying quite a few of your recipes.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 3 yr old son and I made this recipe together. We had a lot of fun and I didn't have to worry when he ate the dough. It was so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this recipe!! :) Ive added it to my recipe page!! :)

    I've linked your recipe & blog to my page :)

    http://living-with-anorexia.blogspot.se/p/baking-recipes.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you actually make it into cookies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can you actually make it into cookies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy, it's missing some key ingredients for actual cookies. I don't think it would turn out well. However, feel free to try to and let me know if it works :)

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips