Melissa's Cuisine: Broiled Grapefruit

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Broiled Grapefruit

I don't remember when my obsession with grapefruit began, but I imagine it was back in middle school.  I remember sitting on the kitchen counter (my usual breakfast spot!), eating a grapefruit fo breakfast every morning.  I was estatic when I discovered grapefruit flavored Mentos in Romania!  My companions thought I was crazy for loving them so much, but I had discovered a delicious treat...and unfortunately one I haven't found in the States.

When I started seeing this new trend to broil grapefruit, I was immediately intrigued.  I'd never had grapefruit with anything on it, so I knew the sugar would add a lot more sweetness to this typically tart fruit.  I knew this was a trend I had to hop onto--pronto!  I was impressed by the taste of the broiled grapefruit. I typically eat my grapefruit at room temperature because I think it has more flavor and juice than a cold grapefruit.  Broiling this fruit amplifies the flavor and juiciness even more!

Broiled Grapefruit

Serves 1

You will need:
1 large grapefruit
2 Tablespoons brown sugar

1.  Using a sharp paring knife, cut the grapefruit in half.  Then cut the grapefruit along the rind and between each segment.

2.  Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of brown sugar over each grapefruit half.  If desired, you could also sprinkle some cinnamon on the grapefruit.

3.  Place grapefruit halves on a cookie sheet and place under a preheated broiler for 3-4 minutes.  The sugar will carmelize and the fruit will become plump.

Serve hot.

As seen at: The Curvy Carrot, Sweet Treats and More, and A Southern Fairytale

17 comments:

  1. I've never really been a grapefruit fan, however, I think this would make me into a convert! It looks and sounds delicious!! And healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally trying this. I love grapefruit too! I don't know about the brown sugar part... I think I will broil one half plain and the other half with the brown sugar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did one plain too, but the brown sugar gives it a brulee-style top. I've also seen people top theirs with honey or white sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? broiled? Imma gonna have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have seen fruit on the grill, so why not a broiler. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/03/baked-chicken-salsa-show-your-stuff-16.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge grapefruit fan here! I've never tried it this way but will now! Would love for you to share at http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/p/link-party.html
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ate grapefruit and sugar as a kid. Since my hubby is not a fan I haven't had it in years. This looks so good I'm going to have to try it! Thanks for sharing at the Rock 'N Share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good, def. going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it is a delicious hot as it is cold, even better hot on a cold day. Try it! Kinemaster Lite

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked this recipe of broiled Grapefruit. Thanks for sharing these information with all of us. Kinemaster Gold


    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I will broil one half plain and the other half. I've also seen people top theirs with honey or white sugar.if you want to write another blog visit Article Publication In International Journal

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad that you simply propagated that helpful info with us. https://www.allmaxbet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. เปิดรับโอกาสการทำกำไรที่มากกว่า PGฟรีเครดิต กับเว็บไซต์ที่กำลังได้รับความนิยม เหมาะมากสำหรับสมาชิกใหม่ ให้ได้นำใครดิตให้คุณได้นำไปเล่นได้แบบฟรีๆ มากถึง 1,000 เครดิตต่อวัน เพื่อให้คุณได้หาเกมสล็อตที่ถูกใจ หาเกมที่ใช่สำหรับคุณ เพื่อให้เล่นได้อย่างไม่อั้น

    ReplyDelete
  14. คืนกำไรให้กับลูกค้า ผ่านเครติดฟรี เงื่อนไขการรับไม่ยุ่งยาก PGเครดิตฟรี พร้อมรับความคุ้มค่า พร้อมปันผลกำไรให้คุณได้รับไปแบบฟรีๆ สมัคร และเล่นได้เลยตอนนี้ผ่านเว็บไซต์ PGSLOTGAMES เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุด ณ เวลานี้ตลอดทั้งเดือน

    ReplyDelete
  15. ยิ่งเล่นยิ่งได้มาก เข้ามาเล่น pg pgslot168game เข้ามาเล่นเกมแล้วลุ้นแจ็คพอต ไม่ว่าจะเป็น Mega Winer, BigMega Winer และแจ็คพอต ของรางวัลทั้งหมดอยู่ที่นี่ ที่แห่งเดียวมีโอกาสง่าย ๆ ที่ทุกรางวัลสามารถและสามารถแจกเป็นเงินสดและสามารถถอนออกเพื่อใช้งานได้ทันที ฝากเงินด่วน ไม่เกิน 1 นาที

    ReplyDelete
  16. This article is about grape fruit. Grape fruits are used for losing or gaining the weight. It is so informative article. Now its time to avail airport limo service houston for more information.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips