Melissa's Cuisine: Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Let's talk cookies for a minute...one of my youth group girls asked me to bring cookies to our next meeting.  I texted her during the week to find out what kind of cookies she wanted and she told me she'd like some chocolate chip cookies.  I was happy to oblige!  I decided to forgo my typical chocolate chip recipe in favor of a new recipe.

This was the first time I've made a pudding cookie, but it certainly won't be the last!  These cookies were so soft, even after a couple days they still tasted like they were fresh baked. These cookies were a huge hit with my girls.  I made a double batch of cookies, intending to share them with the whole youth group, not just my small group.  However, the cookie container got hidden and the cookies remained in our small group.  My girls absolutely loved these cookies!  In fact, one of them brought a few home to her family and I got a text saying "yummy cookies"!

Before I get to the recipe, I have a favor to ask of you.  I entered my Fruity S'mores Bowls into the Nestle Toll House Tales recipe contest, and I've been chosen as a finalist in the Milk Chocolate Category.  The winner is chosen by votes, and I'd really appreciate yours.  You do have to register via Facebook, but you should be able to revoke any permissions after the voting has ended if you desire.  You can vote once a day until October 16.  Thank you!

And now, the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies

Makes 3 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1-1/2 sticks butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant pudding (I used Cheesecake flavor)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
2-1/4 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

1.  In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.

2.  Add in pudding powder and beat until blended.

3.  Add in eggs and vanilla, mixing until incorporated.

4.  Slowly mix in flour and baking powder.

5.  Add in chocolate chips and mix until distributed.

6.  Roll cookie dough into 1" balls and place on a greased baking sheet.

7.  Bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.

Store any leftovers in an airtight container.

4 comments:

  1. They look yummy! And - I voted for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so yummy INEED to make these, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM these look delish! I would love for you to share this on my Blog Stalking Thursday weekly Linky Party! http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2012/10/blog-stalking-thursday-62.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pudding cookies! Yours look great. Thanks for linking up with me for Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips