Melissa's Cuisine: Apple Cinnamon Popcorn

Friday, October 26, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Popcorn


Early this week I had the honor of attending the first ever Online BlogCon, a fabulous online blog conference put on by Dorothy and Ashton.  The best part about the conference was that I could attend on my on time.  There was no travelling required and I could read the posts in my pajamas if I wanted to!  The speakers were so informative and I met a lot of new bloggers through the Facebook Group.

I learned a lot from the conference and I'm still trying to absorb all the information.  I'm trying to implement some positive changes around here, and I hope that you'll find them to be positive as well.  One change that's already in place (and has been a long time coming) is my Recipe Catalog.  It's the new tab up at the top and I've categorized every recipe on this blog.  I hope that makes it easier for you to find recipes!
 
Mike and I don't go to the movies too often, but when we do, we try to go on a Saturday morning so we can get the matinee pricing.  Then we don't feel too bad about splurging for a popcorn and pop!  The movie theater we go to has a flavor station where you can add your own flavors to your popcorn--anything from ranch to white cheddar to caramel to apple cinnamon.  I love sweet popcorn so it's no surprise that I tend to sprinkle the caramel and apple cinnamon on our popcorn. 

We often have movie nights at home on the weekend, and that means popcorn!  One night I decided that I wanted flavored popcorn.  I ground up some apple chips until they were like powder.  Then I mixed in some cinnamon and sugar and sprinkled it over our popcorn.  It was delicious!  I kept the leftovers in a glass container and now I find myself craving popcorn even when it's not movie night!
 
Apple Cinnamon Popcorn Flavoring
 
1 (2.5 ounce) bag crispy apple chips
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon sugar
 
1.  In a blender (I used our bullet), grind the apple chips until they resemble a powder.
 
2.  Add cinnamon and sugar and blend to mix.  (Feel free to add additional cinnamon or sugar to suit your tastes.)
 
Sprinkle flavoring over popcorn.  Store in an airtight container.
 

19 comments:

  1. Great idea! Now this is a popcorn snack I sure could go for, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure sounds good! I love different flavored popcorn:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm hosting a COOKIE blog hop and would love you to join!

    http://meandmysweets.blogspot.se/2012/10/fall-flavoured-cookies-and-bloghop.html

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I cannot wait to try this - what a great way to use those expensive apple chips!
    Blessings
    http://bit.ly/Uc0i0w

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds wonderful, will have to give it a try. We don't have the fancy flavor station at our theatre, butter/oil, take it or leave it and that's it. I love your recipe index. Did you use linky tools to set it up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan! I didn't use linky tools, instead I just copy and pasted each recipe link. It took a bit of time, but I'm please with how it turned out!

      Delete
  6. Just stopping by to invite you to My Wednesday Linky party. http://diycraftyprojects.com/2012/10/whatcha-work-up-wednesday-linky-party-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be my Christmastime treat for this year!
    I would love to have you share this (or any other recipes of yours) at Wednesday Extravaganza - my Foodie link party, and maybe win a lifetime feature on my Wall of Fame! Here is the link:
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/10/october-31st-2012.html

    I can't wait to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melissa,
    This sounds delicious. I wish our theater had a flavor station for the popcorn. At least now I can make it at home :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you .

    ReplyDelete
  10. These popcorn are looking yummy and I really want to have these in my hands while watching movie at my home.

    buy twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Buy best blender for apple at: https://cocacafe.net/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Apple Cinnamon Popcorn is a snack that is made from popcorn, butter, sugar, and cinnamon. It was first introduced by the company called Auntie Em’s in 2004. Order Homework Online at assignmentcamp.co.uk is a well-known assignment help service provider in UK, delivering quality academic assistance to students from all over the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love popcorn because its very tasty and free from fat, some times I cooked myself when I feel hungry and want to eat some light food. But currently I am stuck in my academic project and searching some assignment help UK based companies who provide me some assistance to complete my assigned academic projects.

    ReplyDelete
  14. k5p26p8q73 y6h34x8s62 n3g28z3i07 p9z51y3y76 http://www.dolabuy.ru/hobo-c-157_306_364/replica-saint-laurent-le-5-%C3%A0-7-hobo-657228-bag-in-matte-python-p-3519.html>r2d97u7a86 l3g09p0k91

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popcorn is very healthy product specially for me because I am a Residential Electrician and working tirelessly and it gives me instant energy and easy to eat in anywhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips