Melissa's Cuisine: Apple Snickers Pie

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Apple Snickers Pie

It's time again for the Crazy Cooking Challenge monthly reveal.  October's theme was Apple Pie.  The Crazy Cooking Challenge has been revamped since it began last year.  It's laid-back and easy to participate in.  If you'd like to join, you can read the details here.

Photobucket
Back to the pie.  I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of pie.  I've made an apple pie before, and it was delicious, but this time I really wanted to make something different.  I used a recipe I found via Pinterest for my inspiration and whipped up a delicious Apple Snickers Pie.  It's basically Snickers Salad in a pie shell and it's absolutely decadent!


Apple Snickers Pie

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:
1 (8 ounce) tub Cool Whip
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
3 apples, cored and diced (plus a few slices for a garnish, if desired)
4 regular sized Snicker bars (or 20 minis), chopped (plus a few pieces for garnish, if desired)
1 graham cracker crust
1/4 cup caramel ice-cream topping

1.  In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine the Cool Whip and sweetened condensed milk.

2.  Fold in diced apples and chopped Snickers bars.

3.  Drizzle caramel topping over the graham cracker crust.

4.  Pour the pie filling into the graham cracker crust.

5.  Refrigerate pie for at least 2 hours before serving to allow it to set.  The pie will not be completely firm.

6.  Garnish the pie with apple slices and Snickers bars.

Slice and serve.

Adapted from: I Heart Nap Time

“I’m partying at the Pi Day Pie Party at Crazy for Crust today. Come party with us!”

14 comments:

  1. This sounds like an easy pie to make! And who doesn't love Snickers?! Jen #16

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That IS decadent! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks sinfully delish! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm....what a creamy, decadent pie!!!! Irresistible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting combination for a pie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa, your recipe sounds so delicious. Pinterest can be so helpful with finding new ideas, and with snickers and apple it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty inventive! :-) Thanks for linking up to Pin It Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so tasty! Nice twist on traditional apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would never have thought to put apples with candy bars! Unique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're amazing. You put snickers apple salad in a PIE? I'm bowing down to you as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um,Yes please! I'd love a slice. This looks amazing! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips