Melissa's Cuisine: Ranch Style Chicken Sandwich

Monday, October 15, 2012

Ranch Style Chicken Sandwich

As much as I love to spend time in the kitchen, there are some days when I'd prefer a dinner that is quick and easy to throw together.  Whether I've had a long day at work or I'm just feeling lazy, it's always nice to have some easy meals to fall back on.

This sandwich is one of those meals!  It's quick, easy, mostly healthy, and delicious.  I typically marinade the chicken in the fridge while I'm at work, and it has such a great flavor.  Then once I get home it's simple to fry up some bacon and cook the chicken.  Just pair this sandwich with a fresh salad, and in less than 20 minutes, supper is served!  You can also skip the bread and serve the chicken with a side of baked potato or whatever your heart desires.  However you eat it, I guarantee you'll enjoy it!

Ranch Style Chicken Sandwich

Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
4 slices thick sliced bacon
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Ciabatta rolls, sliced in half

1.  Pound the chicken breasts with a mallet to 1/2" thick.

2.  Pour the Dijon mustard, honey, and lemon into a Ziplock bag.  Seal bag and shake gently to mix.

3.  Place chicken into marinade and seal the bag.  Refrigerate at least 2 hours (I often do 8+).

4.  Fry the bacon, and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain.  Leave the grease in the pan.

5.  Remove the chicken from the fridge and pour off the excess marinade. 

6.  Heat bacon grease in frying pan and add the chicken.  Cook on high until browned on each side, about 2 minutes per side.

7.  Reduce heat and cover frying pan.  Cook chicken until completely cooked, about 10-12 minutes, flipping as needed.

8.  Place 2 pieces of bacon on each chicken breast and top with shredded cheddar cheese.

9.  Cover pan again and heat until cheese is melted.

10.  Place chicken on Ciabatta rolls and serve immediately.

Source: The Pioneer Woman

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute blog you have!! And this looks yummy! I love anything that has to do with ranch. New follower. Would love for you to visit me and join my site as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I never think about using chicken in sandwiches for dinner. Thanks for linking at our Pin It linky! Your Snickers Apple Pie was featured this week on my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your recipes! Thanks for sharing them at Cast Party Wednesday! ~Sheryl @ Lady Behind The Curtain~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my does this look tasty. My son and I both always get a chicken sandwich when it's on the menu. We'll definitely make this at home. Thanks for sharing :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips