Melissa's Cuisine: Coke Brownies

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Coke Brownies

These are, by far, the easiest brownies I have ever made!  They require just 2 ingredients...that's right 2!  And no, one of those ingredients is not black beans!  (I'm too weirded out by that idea right now, though I do plan to try that in the future).  The recipe is just a boxed brownie mix and a can of diet Coke!

It's simple to make these brownies and they end up very moist and cake-like.  I'll admit, I ate the entire pan by myself since Mike doesn't care for cake!  (The pan did last just over a week though!)  The flavor of these brownies is a little different that making traditional brownies, I attributed it to the aftertaste of the diet Coke.  I'd like to make these again with regular coke and see if that makes a difference.  However, these were delicious and low calorie/fat enough that I didn't feel guilty go back for another piece...and another...and another!

Coke Brownies

Makes 1 9x13" pan, about 18 servings (depending on how you cut them)

You will need:
1 boxed brownie mix
1 can Diet Coke

1.  In a medium bowl, combine the brownie mix and diet Coke.

2.  Pour into a greased 9x13" pan.

3.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.  My brownies took longer than the box said, so adjust the time as needed.

With the box of brownie mix that I used, these brownies had just 110 calories per serving!

Lark's Country HeartPhotobucketCast Party Wednesday It's a KeeperParty Button

8 comments:

  1. I really need to make these - I got the recipe a while ago and still haven't tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using pop in desserts. Or soda if you prefer. Diet coke and chocolate were meant to be BFFE. Best friends for ever and ever.

    Sorry I haven't commented in so long! I have kind of fallen off the blogosphere this summer but, I still have been following and still love your recipes and will be a more devoted follower starting now!

    Thanks for always posting such awesome pieces :)
    -Meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soooooooo much for reminding me of this delightful recipe that I haven't made in soo long! I have a DRIVE to create in the kitchen and certainly need things like this to make. YUM! So glad I found you at Family Fresh Meals. I'll be posting this recipe soon and will be sure to let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - just had to share...I giggled when I printed your photo/recipe...my initials use to be MJK before I got married - that jumped out at me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! These are like my soda cupcakes. I never thought to do it with brownies! So excited to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look yummy. Just found your blog its so fun.. Come and check out my blog


    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing! I love a simple brownie recipe that I can whip up in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these look awesome! I would love for you to come link them up on my linky!
    http://successful2gether.blogspot.com/2012/03/successful-saturday-link-up-week-6.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips