Melissa's Cuisine: Chocolate Banana Bites

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chocolate Banana Bites


These delicious and healthy-ish treats just couldn't be easier! Did you know that when you freeze bananas they take on a creamy texture? It's quite similar to ice-cream...In fact, one treat I enjoy is to freeze a banana and then put it in my blender to make a tasty soft-serve style treat! These treats also have that creamy texture, but with a crunch coating of chocolate and peanuts on the outside. They are a delicious bite-sized snack that satisfies my chocolate cravings while eating some fruit!

Chocolate Banana Bites

Makes 8 bites (recipe can easily be multiplied to create more!)

You will need:
1 banana
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (you could also try dark chocolate for added health benefits)
1 Tablespoon peanuts, chopped

1.  Peel banana and cut into 8 pieces (more or less depending on the size of your banana).

2.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper and freeze until frozen through, about 1 hour.

3.  Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in your microwave.  It took me about 1-1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.

4.  Dip banana pieces into melted chocolate.  Place on wax paper.

5.  Sprinkle chocolate coated bites with chopped peanuts.

6.  Return to freezer until chocolate is set.  Store in an airtight container. 


PermanetPosies.comNap-Time CreationsLark's Country HeartCast Party Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. They look yummy - what a great treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have seen this recipe a few times and always find myself thinking "why haven't i made these?"

    i mean, really. i should have by now. these look amazing and you did a truly great job with them here!

    hopefully, i whip up a batch soon :)

    thanks for sharing your latest! love you/love your blog ;)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Sounds good, it would make a great afternoon snack. I think my daughter would actually eat a banana this way (who wouldn't?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so decadent and delicious!!!! I want some for my snack now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well....I love anything combined with banana and I love anything combined with chocolate. I actually went to a party today that had a chocolate fountain. They had bananas to dip into it and.....I did just that. I could have eaten more of it but....didn't want to embarrass myself. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Melissa, what a delightful recipe which I am sure would be enjoyed by any age. I recently found your blog and hope to visit often. Please stop by mine and hopefully you will follow me also. I would like that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips