Melissa's Cuisine: A Fla-Vor-ful Summer Snack

Monday, June 10, 2013

A Fla-Vor-ful Summer Snack

This post brought to you by Jel Sert. All opinions are 100% mine.

School's out for the summer!  I'm sure there are hundreds of kids in my area waking up this morning (after sleeping in) excited for the first day of summer vacation.  This time of the year brings so much excitement for both kids and adults.

One of my favorite summer traditions from childhood took place on the last day of school.  In the development where I grew up, we had the best school bus driver.  On the last day of school, she would treat her kids to popsicles at the bus stop.  We would line up for our Fla-Vor-Ice pop and the bus stop moms would cut the ends off for us so we could enjoy our choice of flavors.  It's both a kid and "mom approved" snack.

Fla-Vor-Ice has been around since 1969 and has been a favorite of kids for over 40 years.  There's a Fla-Vor-Ice pop for everyone as it comes in Original Fruit Flavors, Tropical Flavors, and even Sugar-Free Flavors.  Not only do Fla-Vor-Ice pops taste great (did you know they're low in sugar and calories and made with real fruit juice?) but they are also budget friendly. 

I know many of my friends who keep their freezers stocked with Fla-Vor-Ice pops.  Mike and I enjoy these pops on hot summer days.  After he has been working out in the yard, we often relax on the porch with a icy  popsicle.  I know I will continue to have our freezer stocked with these convenient treats, especially once our daughter is able to enjoy them!  In fact, Mike's boss has even been known to pass Fla-Vor-Ice pops out around the warehouse on hot summer days.  These convenient snacks are loved by kids, and kids-at-heart!

If you are a fan of Fla-Vor-Ice, I'd encourage you to like Fla-Vor-Ice on Facebook.  It's filled with fun images and information so you can keep up with their latest news!

Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    This is a great snack. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips