Melissa's Cuisine: Tropical Smoothie

Monday, May 27, 2013

Tropical Smoothie

Melissa's Cuisine: Tropical Smoothie

Happy Memorial Day!  I hope that you are having a relaxing day and enjoying time with your family and friends.  Be sure to take some time today to think of the men and women who are serving our country--those who have lost their lives, our veterans, and those who are currently serving.  Thank you!

For many people, today marks the official beginning of summer.  The weather is warmer, the days are longer, and the food is better!  Summer food is my favorite--grilled meals, fresh fruits, frozen desserts, ice-cold drinks...

Melissa's Cuisine: Smoothie Week
So, today I am kicking off "Smoothie Week".  Though I often make smoothies year-round, I find I make them more frequently in the summer.  They make their appearance for breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks.  The majority of the time, I don't follow a recipe for smoothies.  I usually just mix together whatever blend of fruits I find in the freezer and call it good.

Sometimes though, I do follow a recipe, like this one for a Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie.  This week, I'll share a few of the smoothies I make the most frequently.  Don't worry, I made sure to measure out the ingredients so I promise they'll taste great!
Melissa's Cuisine: Tropical Smoothie
This smoothie is one of my favorites.  I absolutely love mangoes and the combination of mango and pineapple gives a great tropical taste. It makes me feel like I'm in the Caribbean or Hawaii, and there's nothing wrong with that!

I made this smoothie with fresh cut fruit.  However, this would work just as well with frozen fruit if that's what you have on hand.  You could also plan ahead and dice up the fruit and then freeze it for the smoothies.  If you use frozen fruit, you may not need as much ice.  I like my smoothies to be ice cold, so I always add a few ice cubes. 
Melissa's Cuisine: Tropical Smoothie

Tropical Smoothie

Serves 1

Ingredients:
1 mango, peeled and diced (approximately 3/4 cup if frozen)
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
4 ice cubes

1.  Puree the mango and pineapple in a blender.

2.  Add yogurt, agave nectar, and ice cubes and blend until smooth.

2 comments:

  1. I just love this Smoothie, Melissa! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous weekend.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips