Melissa's Cuisine: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Rub

Monday, May 06, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Chicken Rub

Melissa's Cuisine: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Rub
The weather has finally caught up with the calendars here in Michigan!  I could not be happier!  After an early spring last year, it felt like winter was dragging on this year.  Then last week, the temperatures soared into the 70's and have stayed there ever since.  I'm so thankful for the warm weather--spring is finally here!

One of my favorite parts about spring is that it is finally warm enough to pull out the grill.  I love grilling food, and when the weather is nice, most of our food is cooked outside.  This year, I was so excited to start grilling that I even went and got a new propane tank (instead of asking Mike to do it).  A big thanks to the kind worker who helped the pregnant lady out so I didn't have to carry the heavy tank.  Something about pregnancy brings out the nicest people :)

Anyway, this chicken rub is delicious!  I made it first a few weeks ago when we had our small group over for dinner.  At that time, the weather was not cooperating, so I cooked the chicken in the oven.  Everyone commented on how flavorful the chicken was.  I knew it was a winner because Mike didn't put barbecue sauce on his chicken, and typically he won't eat chicken without a dipping sauce!  This time, I grilled the chicken.  I love the added flavor from the grill.  The sugar will caramelize on the chicken and leave you with a nice crunchy exterior.  I think I've found my go-to chicken recipe!

Melissa's Cuisine: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Rub

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Rub

Serves 4

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 Tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1-1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 chicken breasts

1.  In a large ziploc bag, combine the brown sugar, paprika, onion powder, salt, and chili powder.

2.  One at a time, add the chicken breasts to the bag and shake to coat thoroughly with the seasonings.

3.  Grill chicken about 7 minutes per side, until the interior temperature reaches 170 degrees.

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks like one for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a simple and tasty rub for BBQ season! Pinned this one to my Summertime Entertaining Board! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking Chicken, Melissa. Thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a very special Mothers Day Weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips