Melissa's Cuisine: Caramel Puffs

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Caramel Puffs

Caramel Puffs (12/18/10)
I recently received this recipe from a recipe exchange. I decided to add it to my holiday baking this year and I'm so glad I did! I love caramel corn and this has the same taste, but no kernels! Over the next week, I'll be sharing some of the great recipes I made Friday and Saturday for Christmas, so stay tuned!!!

You will need:
2 bags Jays Corn Puffs
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Pour both bags of corn puffs into a turkey roaster pan.
3. In a sauce pan, combine the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla.
4. Bring mix to boil over medium heat. Once it begins boiling, boil for 2 minutes. (Don't over boil)
5. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda; the mix will become foamy.
6. Drizzle half the mix over the corn puffs and stir gently.
7. Then pour remaining mix over corn puffs and stir to coat fully.
8. Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
9. After the puffs are cooled, break apart and store in airtight container.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips