Melissa's Cuisine: Berry Cream Filled Chocolate Cups

Friday, December 10, 2010

Berry Cream Filled Chocolate Cups

Berry Cream Filled Chocolate Cups (12/10/10)
Tonight is our first Christmas party of the season. Mike's extended family (great-aunts & uncles etc.) all gather for a rousing game of BINGO (with a huge pile of presents) followed by appetizers and desserts. This is the first year we have been able to attend, so we are excited about that. I told his Aunt I would bring a cheese ball, but the other day we were in a gourmet outlet and I saw these chocolate cups. I knew I had to make something with them instead! I couldn't find a recipe for what I wanted to make, so I figured I'd just try the idea in my head. It turned out really well! Now, I just need to come up with a better name for this recipe, any ideas?

You will need:
1 package frozen mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
36 chocolate dessert cups
Fresh berries (blueberry, raspberry, or blackberry)

1. In your food processer, chop up the berries until they form a paste.
2. Mix in cream cheese and powdered sugar until fully blended.
3. Carefully stir in Cool Whip. You want it to maintain its whipped texture.
4. Spoon filling into a pastry bag and fill chocolate cups.
5. Top with a berry of your choice.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

1 comment:

  1. They are so pretty and elegant! I'm sure they will be a hit. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips