Melissa's Cuisine: 5 Minute Fudge

Monday, December 20, 2010

5 Minute Fudge

5 Minute Fudge (12/18/10)


I got this recipe from Mike's mom, it's one of the things that Mike knows how to make, and enjoys making. Mikes's mom, sister, and I spent a good portion of a day making all kinds of Christmas goodies which I'll be sharing this week. We had a great time and have lots of goodies in our houses now!

You will need:
2/3 cup Carnation Evaporated Milk (it's the tiny can)
1-2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows (you can also quarter regular sized marshmallows)
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Mix milk, sugar, butter, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and add vanilla, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
4. Stir until marshmallows melt.
5. Immediately pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
6. Cool before cutting into squares.

This recipe makes 2 pounds of fudge!

Original Source: Overisel Christian Reformed Church Centennial Cookbook, 1983 Secret Recipe Club

2 comments:

  1. It looks good! I make one that's similar with marshmallow cream - I bet it tastes the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips