Melissa's Cuisine: Fruit Salad

Monday, February 25, 2013

Fruit Salad

Are you experiencing a baby boom where you live?  Right now, I can think of about 15 women (not including myself) who are currently pregnant.  We joke that there must be something in the water here because "every one" is expecting.  Just this weekend alone, I attended two baby showers for my friends.  One of them is expecting twin girls and the other a baby girl.  It was a lot of fun to see all the adorable baby girl clothes!

I hosted the shower for my best friend on Saturday.  We chose a morning shower, which suited me perfectly because I got to serve brunch.  I made cinnamon rolls, bacon, a cake (recipe coming Wednesday!) and this fruit salad.  Another friend helped with the shower and she provided a quiche and muffins.  Let's just say we didn't go hungry!

This fruit salad was so easy to put together, but so delicious.  I started with a bag of frozen mixed fruit.  Then I added in diced apples and bananas.  The coating is simply a box of instant vanilla pudding mix.  It creates a delicious coating over the fruit that adds just a touch of something special versus a plain fruit salad.  I'll certainly be making this fruit salad again!

Fruit Salad

Serves 10-12

Ingredients:
1 large bag frozen mixed fruit, thawed
2 apples, diced
2 bananas, sliced
1 box instant vanilla pudding mix

Combine all the ingredients in a large serving dish.  Stir gently until the pudding dissolves and coats the fruit.

Adapted from: Food.com

3 comments:

  1. I would have never thought of using vanilla pudding. Looks good and I'm glad you had fun at the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love a fruit salad especially in the winter, your recipe looks so good. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting to just add the pudding mix. I would love to try this. Thanks for sharing on Thursdays Treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips