Melissa's Cuisine: Fiesta Chicken

Monday, December 02, 2013

Fiesta Chicken

Fiesta Chicken is an easy and delicious versatile slow cooker dinner!
Melissa's Cuisine: Fiesta Chicken


Since going back to work almost 3 months ago, I have come to realize how much I love my Programmable Slow Cooker . Let's face it, if I don't have dinner planned or in the slow cooker before dinner, I will end up taking the easy way out and ordering a pizza.

And that adds up quickly...both in cost and calories! I have a baby who needs clothes and diapers and I am trying to lose the baby weight, so those are two things I would like to reduce. Thankfully I have some good crock pot recipes, like this one!

I have made Fiesta Chicken at least a dozen times in the past year. It is so easy; just open a few cans, add a few chicken breasts, sprinkle in some seasoning, turn on the crock pot and walk away. After a few hours, your house will smell amazing and dinner will be ready.

This Fiesta Chicken is extremely versatile. The recipe can easily be adapted. Don't like beans? No problem, leave the out! Love corn? Add another bag! Like it more soupy? Add another can of tomatoes or some chicken broth! There are also multiple serving options. I typically serve the Fiesta Chicken over brown rice, but it is also good on its own, over noodles, or even on a baked potato!
Melissa's Cuisine: Fiesta Chicken

Fiesta Chicken

Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 bag sweet corn
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 packet taco seasoning
Salt

Place ingredients in crock pot on low for 8 hours.  Shred chicken and serve, adding salt as needed.

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!! Found you at Tuesdays Table. I am now a permanent hostess of Tasty Tuesdays and would love you to link up this recipe. Here is the link http://bit.ly/1htHZV7
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, this one looks delicious, too. You've given some great recipes. I've pinned this one and the single serving cake. Thanks for participating in the Love in the Kitchen Linkey. Deb @ kneaded Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I make a white chicken chili in the slow cooker like this, but would definitely make this as well. Throw in a few jalapenos and some cilantro. Yumm! [#PinItThurs]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa,
    Great recipe. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above’s Link Party. Have a great week.
    Debi and Charly @ Adorned From Above
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Singes has electric flame broils for burning up your most loved cuts https://bestbuyelectricsmoker.com/relish-the-best-roasted-chicken-of-your-life

    ReplyDelete
  6. health cosmism :Our site tries to help our viewers to live a healthy life. We focus on one thing-health problem or issues. Our articles are organized around two big topics: Health & Wellness.https://healthcosmism.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Propensity is repeatable conduct so changing the manner in which individual eats comfort foods doesn't let the mind become genuinely associated with the food, that resembles the addictive passionate state for the individual needs to change the enthusiastic association with comfort foods.Albanian dishes

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips