Melissa's Cuisine: Monkey Bread

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Monkey Bread

A sticky pull apart bread--the perfect breakfast to start your day!  It would make a delicious Christmas morning breakfast!
Melissa's Cuisine: Monkey Bread
Not too long ago I realized that I have shared a couple variations of monkey bread but I have not shared the original version. It's about time to fix that don't you think?  (You'll want to check out my variations too though, Pumpkin Caramel Monkey BreadChocolate Brioche Monkey Bread and French Monkey Bread!)

Monkey Bread is one of my favorite breakfast foods. It's pretty simple to make and quite delicious. In fact, I made a pan for breakfast the day I went into labor with Summer. I only got to enjoy a small piece, but my friends who watched Champ for us were thrilled at the treat I left for them. Let's just say the pan was scraped clean by time we got home from the hospital.

If you have never had Monkey Bread before, you are missing out! The premise is simple: buttermilk biscuits rolled in cinnamon sugar, covered in a sticky syrup, and baked in a Bundt Pan . It is so simple to make and incredibly fun (and delicious) to eat. Sometimes I won't quarter the biscuits, then we call it Gorilla bread!

Melissa's Cuisine: Monkey Bread
Monkey Bread

Serves 8-10

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cinnamon
4 cans buttermilk biscuits
1 cup butter

1.  Combine sugar and cinnamon in a medium bowl.

2.  Break biscuits into quarters.

3.  Roll biscuits in the cinnamon sugar.  (Sometimes I will put the cinnamon sugar in a ziploc bag, and add about 20 biscuit pieces.  Then I shake it up to coat the biscuits.)

4.  Place coated biscuits in a greased bundt pan.

5.  In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.

6.  Add the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture to the melted butter and stir to combine.

7.  Pour the sugar syrup evenly over the biscuits in the bundt pan.

8.  Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, until the top biscuits are browned.

9.  Allow the monkey bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before inverting on a serving plate.  Serve warm.  (You can also leave the bread in the pan to serve.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh this looks sooo good! This would be such a treat to have with breakfast. I love how simple this recipe is too. Looks wonderful!

    Toodles,
    Tammy<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a good laugh over my first stab at Monkey Bread last weekend. I have some friends who get together for an annual Christmas Ornament Swap and brunch. I was staying with the host, and we baked a bunch of stuff the night before. She wanted to try a monkey bread, so I suggested a filled version. She filled part of the pan with the regular cinnamon/sugar version, and two more sections filled with either raspberry preserves or orange marmalade with a little cream cheese. Things went south after that lol. First, she forgot to do the syrup before she baked it. She added it later, but then didn't bake it long enough, so half of it was raw!! I'll have to give it another try lol. :( [#PinItThurs]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very amazing blog!Keep update your blog & share more information.
    For best neuro hospital in bangalore.Contact us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips