Melissa's Cuisine: Single Serve Coffee Cake (In a Mug)

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Single Serve Coffee Cake (In a Mug)

This Single Serving Coffee Cake satisfies your desire for a sweet breakfast without the need to make an entire cake!
Melissa's Cuisine: Single Serve Coffee Cake (In a Mug)
Are you a black Friday shopper?  I have to admit, I love shopping on the day after Thanksgiving!  While I wouldn't say I'm one of the die-hard bargain shoppers, I do enjoy getting out with all the other "crazies" to snag a good deal!  Mike and I have been known to get up at 3am to be in line at a store by 4.  Usually we spend an hour or two freezing our rears off while waiting for the stores to open.  I just love the atmosphere--everyone out shopping and having a good time!

Honestly, we just go for the fun of it.  Most years, we don't have much on our lists and certainly not anything we'd be really upset over not getting.  Last year, I think we stood in line for an hour just to get a deal on some enormous rawhide bones for Champ! This year, I'll be enjoying black Friday from the comfort of my home, while snuggling with my baby girl.  Mike might go out for one or two things, and we might hit up a couple stores later in the morning, but there's no way I'm taking Summer out in the early morning craziness!

If you're a black Friday shopper, regardless of how intense you are, you'll need to have a delicious breakfast to give you energy for the morning.  This Single Serve Coffee Cake is made in a mug and is the perfect quick breakfast! It is perfect for when you're wanting a warm and delicious breakfast, but don't want an entire cake in the house.  It's also great for portion control; if I had the whole cake in the house I would eat it by myself, with this single serve cake, I avoid that issue!
Melissa's Cuisine: Single Serve Coffee Cake (In a Mug)
Single Serve Coffee Cake (In a Mug)

Serves 1

Ingredients:
1-1/2 Tablespoons sugar
2-1/2 Tablespoons flour
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon milk
splash of vanilla
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon milk

1.  In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, salt and baking powder.

2.  Add oil, milk, and vanilla and stir until combined.

3.  Pour into a coffee mug that has been sprayed with cooking spray.

4.  Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top.

5.  Microwave for 45 seconds, until the center of the cake bounces back when touched (or is no longer runny).  Note: microwaves cook differently, so yours might take more or less time to cook.

6.  Mix the powdered sugar and milk to form a thin icing.  Drizzle over the cake and serve warm.

Source: Crazy For Crust

7 comments:

  1. This is genius! I'm stopping by from Link Party Palooza.
    -Lauren @ imperfectandfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! And I love that I can make this even when I've run out of eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good idea! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing on Tuesday's Table. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa! What a cleaver idea to make a one serving cake. Looks tasty and fun to make. Thanks so much for posting on the Love In The Kitchen Linkey Party! Hope to see you over at http://www.kneadedcreations.com sometime soon! Deb @ Kneaded Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made this. It was pretty yummy. Probably one of the more successful mug desserts I've come across. I didn't bother with a separate bowl for mixing. I just mixed it right into my mug without cooking spray and it turned out just fine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this cake for src challenge this week and it turned out delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trichology question

    What would be an effective remedy for hair loss?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips