Melissa's Cuisine: Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake

Friday, December 23, 2011

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake

One of my absolute favorite things to have for breakfast is cinnamon rolls.  Fresh from the oven, hot, and gooey.  In my book, it doesn't get much better than that!  When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it.  It combines 2 of my favorite things, cinnamon rolls and french toast, into one quick and easy breakfast casserole.  It reminds me of the French Monkey Bread I made last year. 

I think this would be the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning.  It comes together quickly and you can pop it in the oven while you're opening Christmas gifts.  I served it with Brown Sugar Baked Bacon

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake

Makes 1 9x13" pan, about 12 servings

You will need:
1/4 cup margarine, melted
2 cans of cinnamon rolls with icing
4 eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon

1.  Pour melted margarine into the bottom of a 9x13" pan.

2.  Open both cans of cinnamon rolls and set the icing aside.  Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces.

3.  Place cinnamon roll pieces on top of margarine in the pan.

4.  In a small bowl, beat the eggs.

5.  Mix in the whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.

6.  Pour egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces.

7.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.

8.  Spread icing on top of the cinnamon rolls.  Serve warm.

Adapted from:  Mom's Crazy Cooking

11 comments:

  1. Oh my word! This looks so good!
    I don't know how you stay so skinny with your good cooking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge fan of Breakfast Casseroles!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous! We love cinnamon rolls at our house...can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every toast has an agenda, even if you don't exactly know what it is. The first part of this agenda is knowing just exactly what is being celebrated.top 5 toastmaster machines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa, I see Pillsbury did this recipe with 6 eggs, chopped pecans, powdered sugar, and their directions were to cut each cinnamon roll into 8-pieces. I’d like to try making this by preparing all of the ingredients the night before and bake in the morning. How is yours different in taste and texture from the Pillsbury recipe?
    Thanks - Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. My kids LOVE cinnamon rolls and I have so far tried about 20+ recipes. This one is by far the best, my search has ended as this is a keeper!

    Zia
    I found the best Mesothelioma Lawyer Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are the factors can caused Insomnia?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is insomnia genetic?

    Insomnia, a sleep disorder characterized by difficulty falling or staying asleep, affects an estimated 50-70 million people in the United States. While insomnia can be caused by lifestyle choices or environmental factors, such as noise or light exposure, some people may be genetically predisposed to insomnia. Learn more about this sleep disorder including the tips to get a better sleep every night. Read more here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips