Melissa's Cuisine: Zuppa Toscana

Monday, December 26, 2011

Zuppa Toscana

One of my favorite things to make during the cold winter months is soup.  I love to make a big pot of it, so that we have enough for our meal, plus leftovers for Mike to take to work during the week.  Plus, there's something so comforting about a bowl of hot soup on a cold wintery day!

I've mentioned before my love of Olive Garden.  Every once in a while, they'll run a special for unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks.  It makes for a delicious lunch and it's so filling.  A couple weeks ago, one of my friends posted this recipe on Facebook.  He had just made it for dinner and it sounded delicious.  After asking him a few questions about how to make it, I picked up some of the ingredients at the store and set to work.  The result was a delicious pot of soup!  It's quite filling, especially if served with my Olive Garden Breadsticks!  Mike and I both enjoyed this soup, and it tasted even better the next day.
Zuppa Toscana

Serves 4

You will need:

3 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced.
8 cups water
5 Tablespoons chicken bullion
1 pound Italian sausage, browned
handful of fresh kale, washed
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

1.  In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups of water to a boil.

2.  Add in sliced potatoes and boil for 5 minutes.

3.  Add in chicken bullion, browned sausage, and kale and boil for another 5 minutes.

4.  Stir in heavy cream, garlic, and Italian seasoning and simmer for 5 minutes.

5.  Top individual servings with fresh Parmesan cheese before serving.

Recipe from Dave, inspired by Olive Garden

3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! My husband thinks Italian sausage makes everything taste better, so I know he will enjoy this soup. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!! :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post thanks for share information.
    The best astrological services contact. Vashikaran Astrologer in Nanjangud

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog! I always look forward to reading your thoughts on my recipes!

01 10 11 12
Blogging tips